EU citizen registration online (enterfinland.fi) and times

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
FeL

Post by FeL » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:57 am

Hello! I've read the ombudsman decision that appointments are not mandatory and an October 2015 experience in Pasila which was very fast, but I'd still like to have an appointment or pick the office with least queue.

I see I can use https://enterfinland.fi/eServices/info/europeancitizens , where "You can pay the processing fee by using Finnish online banking services". Then I have one month to "Visit a police service point to prove your identity and to present the original versions of any attachments required for the application": is the appointment given by the same website?

On https://asiointi.poliisi.fi/ajanvaraus/reservation/ , if I select "Other permit or notification" as purpose, there are multiple stations each with hundreds of free slots of 15 min, often on the next day as well:

Is that the appointment I can take for the identity proof? Are such free slots a good indicator of fast queues too? Turku, Imatra and various other "big" ones are less than 90 min far by train from Helsinki.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: EU citizen registration online (enterfinland.fi) and tim

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:48 am

Two issues with your plan:

- Booking "Other permit or notification" means that there's absolutely no guarantee you'll have an appointment with an officer working on alien matters. Not only you'll be told off for being stupid (by not picking the correct "EU registration" option), but you'll very likely be sent to another room where you'll go back to square one to queue.
- Booking in a police department that isn't your local one means that your application cannot be processed on the spot by the officer but transferred to your local department for processing. This means it will enter the application queue and will take a while.

I suggest either booking with the correct department or go there and queue.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

FeL

Post by FeL » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanks: I guess the correct queue you refer to is "Identity card for a foreign citizen" (I didn't know which one to select).

However I see enterfinland.fi instructions got simpler, "Visit a Migri service point to prove your identity and to present the original versions of any attachments required for the application". https://migri.vihta.com/public/migri/#/reservation
The waiting times for Helsinki are similar (1 month currently) but the limit is three months.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Beep_Boop wrote: - Booking in a police department that isn't your local one means that your application cannot be processed on the spot by the officer but transferred to your local department for processing. This means it will enter the application queue and will take a while.
Booking with a police department will lead to them telling to go see Migri. The authority to register right of residence was moved from the police to Migri in the beginning of 2017.
FeL wrote:Thanks: I guess the correct queue you refer to is "Identity card for a foreign citizen" (I didn't know which one to select).

However I see enterfinland.fi instructions got simpler, "Visit a Migri service point to prove your identity and to present the original versions of any attachments required for the application". https://migri.vihta.com/public/migri/#/reservation
The waiting times for Helsinki are similar (1 month currently) but the limit is three months.
Book with the Migri booking system. No option is correct in the police system because it's the wrong place to visit.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:32 pm

betelgeuse wrote:Booking with a police department will lead to them telling to go see Migri. The authority to register right of residence was moved from the police to Migri in the beginning of 2017.
The original date of this question is more than a year ago, and the same for my comment... way way before it was moved.

OP is smoking something. He/she is replying to a thread more than 1 year old. I'm not surprised, though. With minimal levels of brain activity, Googling would have lead OP to see that Migri is now the correct authority for that.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

FeL

Post by FeL » Sun May 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:OP to see that Migri is now the correct authority for that.
Which is what I said in my own post, thanks.