Need information for moving to Finland.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ambru

Post by ambru » Fri May 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Hello there, i am a dutch citizen, and i have some questions.

i am thinking to move to Finland next year to my boyfriend. i already have visited him a couple of times. and if's possible i visit him every vacation i have.
but my question is. what is the best option for me to move here?, since i barely speak Finnish, (i am learning) and thinking of marriage is way to soon for me and him.
i am a student and my study ends next year.

i really wanna know what you people have for me, thanks in advance.

Noni :lol:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Need information for moving to Finland.

Post by rinso » Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am

ambru wrote:Hello there, i am a dutch citizen, and i have some questions.

i am thinking to move to Finland next year to my boyfriend. i already have visited him a couple of times. and if's possible i visit him every vacation i have.
but my question is. what is the best option for me to move here?, since i barely speak Finnish, (i am learning) and thinking of marriage is way to soon for me and him.

Without Finnish language skills (and in your case work experience in your field) it will be difficult to find a job.
You have to consider that you'll end up as a "staying at home wife" for many years.
An other point is that you cannot register your residence without an adequate income (marriage is the solution here).

ambru

Post by ambru » Sat May 06, 2017 1:59 pm

rinso wrote:

Without Finnish language skills (and in your case work experience in your field) it will be difficult to find a job.
You have to consider that you'll end up as a "staying at home wife" for many years.
An other point is that you cannot register your residence without an adequate income (marriage is the solution here).
I am thinking of following a integration course if i move there, there aren' t many schools who give english studies. ( im about to move to lappeenranta, not somewhere in helsinki)
in my country they see integration course as a study, but i dont guess finland sees that the same. you have more info about that?

JuhlaMokka

Post by JuhlaMokka » Sun May 07, 2017 2:10 am

ambru wrote:
rinso wrote:

I am thinking of following a integration course if i move there, there aren' t many schools who give english studies. ( im about to move to lappeenranta, not somewhere in helsinki)
in my country they see integration course as a study, but i dont guess finland sees that the same. you have more info about that?
To follow the course you should be included to the finnish social system. To get included you should: 1. be a wife of a citizen or 2. find a job with at least 1000e netto salary and work there up to 5 years depending on the rules of the region you are moving to *after working you most likely will not get integration courses, because adaptation period is the first 3 years after moving.

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:10 am

you need to be spouse of a Finn/Finnish RP holder to be able to start the integration course. i am also living in Lappeenranta and it is almost no chance to get a good job if you dont speak Finnish.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Depending on your studies you could continue with a MSc or Doctorate programme, if you have enough money to do so, and get a student residence permit. Depending on your field you might get funding for a PhD thesis, but times are tough and there is a lot of competiton for grant money.

ambru

Post by ambru » Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 am

hey guys, sorry for not answering, i applied for a course in finland for immigrants to learn finnish and you learn to get jobs. anyways thanks for the replies! and the messages you have send. :)

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri May 19, 2017 6:13 pm

ambru wrote:hey guys, sorry for not answering, i applied for a course in Finland for immigrants to learn Finnish and you learn to get jobs. anyway thanks for the replies! and the messages you have sent. :)
Your English needs a little brushing us too :lol:
But let me help you already with your Finnish you will be using most: :lol:

Tervetuloa = welkom :wink: welcome
en ymmärrä = ik snap er niks van :lol: I don't understand
paska = schijt / !"#¤%
perkele = vrij vertaald (waar wij) "godverdomme" (gebruiken) maar het betekent zoiets als de duivel. :lol:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

ambru

Post by ambru » Fri May 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Piet wrote:
ambru wrote:hey guys, sorry for not answering, i applied for a course in Finland for immigrants to learn Finnish and you learn to get jobs. anyway thanks for the replies! and the messages you have sent. :)
Your English needs a little brushing us too :lol:
But let me help you already with your Finnish you will be using most: :lol:

Tervetuloa = welkom :wink: welcome
en ymmärrä = ik snap er niks van :lol: I don't understand
paska = schijt / !"#¤%
perkele = vrij vertaald (waar wij) "godverdomme" (gebruiken) maar het betekent zoiets als de duivel. :lol:

Haha, ja ik ken die woorden wel. mijn vriend leert mij ondertussen paar woorden, moet mezelf ook aanleren om Kiitos te zeggen bij de simpelste dingen, hier in nederland is het normaal om gewoon niks te zeggen
:lol: :lol: