False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
justin723
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by justin723 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi,
My situation is difficult. I was working in Helsinki in a shop, and my boss forced us to use training mode receipts to give to customers when they pay by cash. And i have a gold cashino card in Helsinki. And every time I won some money, I put cash at home. My boss knows. When I quit my job, because I do not want to help my boss with money laundry by giving fake receipts to customers. I put all the cash into my bank account. My boss knows how much I won. So he charged me of stealing his cash before I report to Finnish taxation office about his behavior, he wants to use that against me so taxation office people will not believe me.

Now I am facing a crime charge of stealing his 20000 Euros cash from the shop when I apply for tour VISAs.

Can anybody tell me how can I get a police report regarding my case? If police believes that I stole his money, how long will I be in prison if I am innocent? How should I fight back. I am not in Finland. The case was a few years ago. Will the case be there forever?

Best,

Justin



False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3677
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by rinso » Wed May 17, 2017 7:02 am

justin723 wrote:Hi,
My situation is difficult. I was working in Helsinki in a shop, and my boss forced us to use training mode receipts to give to customers when they pay by cash. And i have a gold cashino card in Helsinki. And every time I won some money, I put cash at home. My boss knows. When I quit my job, because I do not want to help my boss with money laundry by giving fake receipts to customers. I put all the cash into my bank account. My boss knows how much I won. So he charged me of stealing his cash before I report to Finnish taxation office about his behavior, he wants to use that against me so taxation office people will not believe me.

Now I am facing a crime charge of stealing his 20000 Euros cash from the shop when I apply for tour VISAs.

Can anybody tell me how can I get a police report regarding my case? If police believes that I stole his money, how long will I be in prison if I am innocent? How should I fight back. I am not in Finland. The case was a few years ago. Will the case be there forever?

Best,

Justin
So this happened a few years ago and now you want to report his dealings to the tax office and your boss is reporting you to the police?
It is a confusing story.

If it happened a few years ago your boss needs a good story why he waited so long reporting it. Otherwise a judge will doubt his story.
Since you left the country, the police will probably not do much about it, but the case will remain open.


betelgeuse
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by betelgeuse » Wed May 17, 2017 4:04 pm

justin723 wrote:Can anybody tell me how can I get a police report regarding my case?
You request it from the police.
justin723 wrote: If police believes that I stole his money, how long will I be in prison if I am innocent?
Only a judge can sentence you to a prison. By definition you are not innocent in the eyes of the society if you are sentenced. You will need to consult a lawyer for an accurate assessment. Aggravated theft carries a maximum of four years. However, it's not common to get the maximum sentence and first timers don't fully serve their sentences (plus often people just get probational sentences).
justin723 wrote: How should I fight back. I am not in Finland. The case was a few years ago. Will the case be there forever?
Eventually the statute of limitations will run out and you can't be prosecuted any more. To fight back, best changes are with a lawyer.


justin723
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by justin723 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 pm

rinso wrote:
justin723 wrote:Hi,
My situation is difficult. I was working in Helsinki in a shop, and my boss forced us to use training mode receipts to give to customers when they pay by cash. And i have a gold cashino card in Helsinki. And every time I won some money, I put cash at home. My boss knows. When I quit my job, because I do not want to help my boss with money laundry by giving fake receipts to customers. I put all the cash into my bank account. My boss knows how much I won. So he charged me of stealing his cash before I report to Finnish taxation office about his behavior, he wants to use that against me so taxation office people will not believe me.

Now I am facing a crime charge of stealing his 20000 Euros cash from the shop when I apply for tour VISAs.

Can anybody tell me how can I get a police report regarding my case? If police believes that I stole his money, how long will I be in prison if I am innocent? How should I fight back. I am not in Finland. The case was a few years ago. Will the case be there forever?

Best,

Justin
So this happened a few years ago and now you want to report his dealings to the tax office and your boss is reporting you to the police?
It is a confusing story.

If it happened a few years ago your boss needs a good story why he waited so long reporting it. Otherwise a judge will doubt his story.
Since you left the country, the police will probably not do much about it, but the case will remain open.
I think when I left the country, he reported it to the police. When I request overtime working hours payment, he refused, I quit my job and left, then I reported his case to the tax office. Then he reported to the police that I stole money from her. So my labour union PAM said I cannot get the overtime pay without solving the case first. And in this way, I think the boss can make tax office people do not believe me...


justin723
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by justin723 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
justin723 wrote:Can anybody tell me how can I get a police report regarding my case?
You request it from the police.
justin723 wrote: If police believes that I stole his money, how long will I be in prison if I am innocent?
Only a judge can sentence you to a prison. By definition you are not innocent in the eyes of the society if you are sentenced. You will need to consult a lawyer for an accurate assessment. Aggravated theft carries a maximum of four years. However, it's not common to get the maximum sentence and first timers don't fully serve their sentences (plus often people just get probational sentences).
justin723 wrote: How should I fight back. I am not in Finland. The case was a few years ago. Will the case be there forever?
Eventually the statute of limitations will run out and you can't be prosecuted any more. To fight back, best changes are with a lawyer.
Thank you soooooooooo much for such useful information. How does statute of limitations work? For being charged of aggravated theft , how long do I have to wait until statute limiations run out? If the police leave the case open for a few years without having me questioned in person, i cannot be prosecuted anymore? Even if the police already investigated the case 3 years ago?

How come when I travel to Macau, Macau police caught me saying that I was prosecuted in Finland for theft crime, but I denied it, when I give my finger print to them, then they let me leave. then I was not allowed to enter Macau . They share some information or what?

Can a Police prosecute me without having me questioned in person?

Best,

Justin


betelgeuse
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by betelgeuse » Wed May 17, 2017 11:24 pm

justin723 wrote: How does statute of limitations work? For being charged of aggravated theft , how long do I have to wait until statute limiations run out?
It's ten years.

https://oikeus.fi/syyttaja/en/index/syy ... minen.html
justin723 wrote:
If the police leave the case open for a few years without having me questioned in person, i cannot be prosecuted anymore? Even if the police already investigated the case 3 years ago?
Until it expires, it's possible the process continues, even if it has been dormant for years.
justin723 wrote:
How come when I travel to Macau, Macau police caught me saying that I was prosecuted in Finland for theft crime, but I denied it, when I give my finger print to them, then they let me leave. then I was not allowed to enter Macau . They share some information or what?
Maybe the Finnish police has shared the information to Interpol if they know you are abroad. However, this is speculation.
justin723 wrote:
Can a Police prosecute me without having me questioned in person?
The police prosecutes no-one. That's the job of prosecutors. Read this to get a better picture:

https://oikeus.fi/en/index/esitteet/jos ... iheet.html


justin723
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by justin723 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:35 pm

The police prosecutes no-one. That's the job of prosecutors. Read this to get a better picture:

https://oikeus.fi/en/index/esitteet/jos ... iheet.html[/quote]

Thank you. Can I hire a lawyer in Helsinki without being in Finland to help me dealing the case?

So from what you said, I had the case in 2014, in 2024, I do not need to do anything to be innocent by law?

Best,

Justin


User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3677
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by rinso » Thu May 18, 2017 7:35 am

I quit my job and left, then I reported his case to the tax office. Then he reported to the police that I stole money from her.
Leaving the country at the same time a police report against you is filled, makes you look guilty.
Can a Police prosecute me without having me questioned in person?
You can be prosecuted (by a court) in absentia. If you do not defend yourself it is an almost automatic conviction.
(but the court must be convinced you received the invitation to your case)
How come when I travel to Macau, Macau police caught me saying that I was prosecuted in Finland for theft crime,
This is an indication that the police did act on the report from your boss and you're now probably in the wanted register.
It might happen again, especially if you travel in Europe.


betelgeuse
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by betelgeuse » Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 am

justin723 wrote:Can I hire a lawyer in Helsinki without being in Finland to help me dealing the case?
Yes.
justin723 wrote: So from what you said, I had the case in 2014, in 2024, I do not need to do anything to be innocent by law?
Innocent has problematic semantics. You can't get a criminal conviction. However, damages can still be collected after 2024.
rinso wrote: You can be prosecuted (by a court) in absentia. If you do not defend yourself it is an almost automatic conviction.
(but the court must be convinced you received the invitation to your case)
In absentia also requires that presence is not necessary. I doubt this would apply here. In addition it limits the sentence that can be given.

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1 ... 0689#L8P11


justin723
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by justin723 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:24 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
justin723 wrote:Can I hire a lawyer in Helsinki without being in Finland to help me dealing the case?
Yes.

Do you have recommendations for lawyers. If I am not in Finland, I guess I have to find lawyers that I need to pay first by international transfer? If I go to a court, i can get a free lawyer right?


justin723
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by justin723 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:38 pm

rinso wrote:
I quit my job and left, then I reported his case to the tax office. Then he reported to the police that I stole money from her.
Leaving the country at the same time a police report against you is filled, makes you look guilty.

That is how false charge happens. First, I did not want to help me boss giving fake receipts, summer is the busiest season, my boss wants me to stay because I am the only one with experiences. He threatened me that if I do not stay until summer ends, he will make me pay back his business loss in any means! But I still quit, because he does not want to pay me overtime pay. There is one week I worked 50 hours, my salary payslip also shows that, but I still only get 10.82 euros/h x 50 (2014) . I contacted pam, he said I do not even want to get overtime pay. If I keep reporting that, I will have trouble. My boss is not a Finn BTW.

So I still quit my job, and contacted pam, then went back to my own country started a new job. But when PAM was trying to collect my overtime pay, my boss reported to the police that I stole her cash so she did not have to pay overtime pay. She knows the day I left the country I had to put cash into bank account. That is from Cashino winnings! I have a gold cashino card in Helsinki, which means I play big. How can a police prove that the money is hers???????????????? I asked Cashino, Cashino gives no receipts for winnings.

It is convincing story or confusing? But I am telling the truth. My boss wants me to pay back her business loss because I quit in the season she needs me the most. I plan to come back to Finland to fight for the case.
But do I have to pay for my own flight tickets and hotel during the case settlement? If I win the case, will my boss go to jail for false charge me in purpose and pay my overtime pay and everything I spent coming back to Finland? Also opportunity cost--if I work during those trial period for the case, I could have earned some money.

Thank you guys for your help!!!


User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3677
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by rinso » Fri May 19, 2017 6:34 am

It sounds like this will be a "he said, she said" case since you have no prove where the money came from and your boss probably hasn't any hard evidence either. So in the end it is who looks the most trustworthy. But without evidence you probably won't get convicted.
But do I have to pay for my own flight tickets and hotel during the case settlement?
Yes, unless the police offers you a stay in the "state hotel" :twisted:
If I win the case, will my boss go to jail for false charge me in purpose and pay my overtime pay and everything I spent coming back to Finland? Also opportunity cost--if I work during those trial period for the case, I could have earned some money.
If you win the case you'll be innocent.
Your boss being prosecuted is a different matter and that is for the prosecutor to decide.
You be compensated for your costs (except your lawyers cost) is again a different case. You have to start a civil case against her. Your winning the first case however will be a big advantage.


Querfeldein
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by Querfeldein » Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 pm

You won €20,000 in a casino, but the casino has no record of it? Did you ever bring this up in your defence, when you knew you were being accused and prosecuted of theft? Perhaps the casino did not give you a receipt, but for such a highly regulated industry, where money laundering is a constant concern, I would be very surprised if they did not keep some kind of record, which they might still be able to hand over to the police upon request, in order to corroborate your story.


User avatar
ajdias
Posts: 2471
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 9:01 pm
Contact:

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by ajdias » Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Do you know how much lawyers charge? It starts at 200+. Per hour. You wanna hire a lawyer because you were cheated of a few hundred euros?
(I suppose you can sue the person for the unpaid work and they'll have to pay you if you do have a receipt, in which case they may be liable to pay your legal costs. But once you hire a lawyer, they'll contact the other part and give them a chance to sort out things, so if they pay you're liable to pay the lawyer's work.) Btw, it doesn't matter if by quitting your boss gets losses or not, if you give her the legal notice (x weeks in advance).
Unless you're being prosecuted you're probably better just letting it go.

If I were you I'd write a long and detailed exposee of how you did to send to Vero. Detail everything, what you did with the receipts, when you used real ones, etc. etc., they may have a way to check if their cash payments were abnormal, if there was fowl-play with their receipt numbers, etc, and at least will keep an eye for the future.
And use some of the money you'd spend on the lawyer to hire a qualified proof-reader (by cashino you mean casino, right?) You don't have to be an English major, but if is poorly written with spelling mistakes they may easily ignore you.


justin723
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: False charge of a crime in Finland by boss

Post by justin723 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Querfeldein wrote:You won €20,000 in a casino, but the casino has no record of it? Did you ever bring this up in your defence, when you knew you were being accused and prosecuted of theft? Perhaps the casino did not give you a receipt, but for such a highly regulated industry, where money laundering is a constant concern, I would be very surprised if they did not keep some kind of record, which they might still be able to hand over to the police upon request, in order to corroborate your story.

I did not win 20000 euros at a time. I pay 500 euros per hand for blackjack in Helsinki Cashino, they know. So no matter I win or lose, I keep cash at home.
When I planned to move back and quit my job to my own country, I put all those cash into my bank account. There are a few times when I win, i put 10000 e into my bank account, that was even before I work for my precious boss who false charged me. So I think 20000 Euros is not very big amount. less than one year pay


Post Reply