If i move to finland, will i have to also join the army?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
OverloadedCore

Post by OverloadedCore » Sun May 21, 2017 2:40 pm

I have heard a bit about Conscription in Finland, and that everyone has to join the military service over 18 at least once. Me being an english person, hoping to move to finlnad, would i also be mandatory to join the service?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: If i move to finland, will i have to also join the army?

Post by betelgeuse » Sun May 21, 2017 3:43 pm

OverloadedCore wrote:I have heard a bit about Conscription in Finland, and that everyone has to join the military service over 18 at least once. Me being an english person, hoping to move to finlnad, would i also be mandatory to join the service?
It's only for Finnish citizens so no.

Piet

Re: If i move to finland, will i have to also join the army?

Post by Piet » Sun May 21, 2017 10:06 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
OverloadedCore wrote:I have heard a bit about Conscription in Finland, and that everyone has to join the military service over 18 at least once. Me being an english person, hoping to move to finlnad, would i also be mandatory to join the service?
It's only for Finnish citizens so no.
To be exact, no unless...

You stay here and you naturalize to Finnish citizenship before you turn 30, than you have to join the service. :wink: (there are some exceptions about having served in your own country already etc.)
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world