Nordea in Helsinki & appointments

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Sjondorn

Post by Sjondorn » Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi all,

I want to close my account with Nordea after moving abroad from Finland and will be in Finland in August (for a short amount of time). When contacting the customer service, they mentioned that for that, I can just walk-in. However, back when I lived in Tampere, things like that always needed an appointment. Can someone confirm that in Helsinki you can just walk-in for that? I'm a little bit uneasy with it, as I don't want to be told "no walk-ins & need appointment" when I come (which won't be possible as I'll fly home the next day) :D

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sky2

Re: Nordea in Helsinki & appointments

Post by sky2 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Sjondorn wrote:Hi all,

I want to close my account with Nordea after moving abroad from Finland and will be in Finland in August (for a short amount of time). When contacting the customer service, they mentioned that for that, I can just walk-in. However, back when I lived in Tampere, things like that always needed an appointment. Can someone confirm that in Helsinki you can just walk-in for that? I'm a little bit uneasy with it, as I don't want to be told "no walk-ins & need appointment" when I come (which won't be possible as I'll fly home the next day) :D

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that you don't need an appointment to close the account. You can simply walk in there and get in the queue.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Thu May 25, 2017 8:50 am

You can do that but depends how busy the office is you may wait. I suggest Nordea office in Stockmann is not that busy.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu May 25, 2017 10:28 am

Have you tried phone services, online meeting or messages? I would be surprised if none of these could be used to close an account.

harryc

Post by harryc » Thu May 25, 2017 8:45 pm

First of all - you better check that the office you select is still there! Nordea is closing them as fast as they can. Reason they say is no one is using them - "forgetting" ( :) ) that we can't use them because they don't exist!

Also be careful that you don't confromt a wait-ticket system where wait time will be 1-2 hours. The Mannerheimintie office is 'useless.'

Sjondorn

Post by Sjondorn » Sat May 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Thanks all. I was told (in person before I left Finland as well as on phone) that account closure is only in person. I was thinking to go to the Hakaniemi office as the phone suggested, although checking the map, Stockmann office is pretty near, so that's two options. Well, in general I'll survive waiting (will come in early :) ) as long as it gets done by the end of the day, so that I don't have to fly there again later (well, it's not that easy from USA).