Extended Study Residence Permit in progress for 2 months?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ddddd

Post by ddddd » Mon May 29, 2017 10:12 am

I have applied to extend my study permit and been to the interview since 15th of December. My application started processing on the 24th of March and I replied to supplementary request (which included my passport and some financial info) on 4th of April. Ever since then it's just been in progress. It's been almost 2 months in progress now that my international passport has been with them.

Is there any point calling them to speed it up especially since my only form of ID has been with them so long? I think it is quite odd for the processing to take so long on a study permit or is this normal

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Extended Study Residence Permit in progress for 2 months

Post by betelgeuse » Mon May 29, 2017 10:42 am

ddddd wrote:Is there any point calling them to speed it up especially since my only form of ID has been with them so long? I think it is quite odd for the processing to take so long on a study permit or is this normal
These couple years have been quite exceptional for Migri so it's hard to say what is normal. You do have the right to get an estimated decision date for your application from Migri but I would not call them with the intention of speeding things up. When police handled extensions why only took copies. I wonder why Migri didn't do the same thing for your case.