Temporary assignment to another EU country

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Ozmotix

Post by Ozmotix » Tue May 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I (non-EU) have been living and working in Finland for 6 months now on an 'A type' residence permit. My company sometimes sends engineers to clients premises for short periods of time based on requests. I have been offered this kind of opportunity in another EU country recently and want to take it as it is a good way to earn some extra money. But the question is am I allowed to do it? The assignment is for 3 months and I will be working for and getting paid by my own company in Finland. Migri website does not provide much on this. What do you think?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Temporary assignment to another EU country

Post by betelgeuse » Tue May 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Ozmotix wrote:I (non-EU) have been living and working in Finland for 6 months now on an 'A type' residence permit. My company sometimes sends engineers to clients premises for short periods of time based on requests. I have been offered this kind of opportunity in another EU country recently and want to take it as it is a good way to earn some extra money. But the question is am I allowed to do it? The assignment is for 3 months and I will be working for and getting paid by my own company in Finland. Migri website does not provide much on this. What do you think?
It's ok:
Accordingly, the ECJ held that Articles 56 and 57 TFEU must be interpreted as precluding national legislation under which, when non-EU workers are posted by an undertaking established in a Member State to a user undertaking established in another Member State, such making available is conditional upon the latter Member State issuing work permits to those workers.
http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.fi/2014/0 ... in-eu.html

Ozmotix

Re: Temporary assignment to another EU country

Post by Ozmotix » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:34 pm

hello,

@betelgeuse thank you so much for the answer.

Just for information if anyone else will search for this in the future: non-EU nationals who have residence permits from Finland are allowed to travel in the schengen area only 90 days out of a 180 day period. This applies for work assignments also. Anything longer and you need to get a visa from the country you are going to.

I 'm not sure how they can track how many days you spent since there are no border crossings but may be through airline records if someone really wanted to check.