free eye checking-up and buying glasses

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
newborn

Post by newborn » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:35 am

Today, I went to a glass shop named Instrumentarium. When I asked for the price for check up to find out whether I need to use glasses or not, they told me that it will cost me 35 €. Is it possible to check up eyes for a cheaper price (or maybe for free :D).

Besides, is it also possible that I check up my eyes in one shop and I buy a glasses in another shop which might have some offers/sales?

If you know about it, would you please share the information?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: free eye checking-up and buying glasses

Post by Upphew » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 am

newborn wrote:Today, I went to a glass shop named Instrumentarium. When I asked for the price for check up to find out whether I need to use glasses or not, they told me that it will cost me 35 €. Is it possible to check up eyes for a cheaper price (or maybe for free :D).

Besides, is it also possible that I check up my eyes in one shop and I buy a glasses in another shop which might have some offers/sales?

If you know about it, would you please share the information?
Specsavers and Silmäasema are the cheaper places. You might get the checkup for free if you buy glasses from the same place. But just for the checkup you'll likely pay 20-30e regardless of the chain or shop.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Piet

Post by Piet » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Nissen offered checking your eyes for free if you ordered glasses (you would get a discount for the glasses the same value as the costs for checking your eyes), I believe Hok-elanto has the same offer.

How to get the glasses for free (only when you receive income support = toimeentulotuki) :

Complain to your doctor that you have a continuous headache above your eyes, especially after reading or watching your computer monitor for a prolonged time.

Ask for a referral to the optician.

Go with this referral to Nissen and tell them you are a customer of kela for income support / social office and you need your eyes checked and if needed you want to have glasses made.

Nissen will give you a paper that you can take to social office to get filled in and/or stamped.

When you receive the form back from social office / kela (don't know who does that nowadays) you can go with this to Nissen and have the standard price glasses ordered, they will be free of charge.

discaimer: this was for the daughter of a friend 3 years ago, cannot promise it still goes this way.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

newborn

Post by newborn » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:08 am

Thanks guys for the important information.