Posti Mail collection boxes

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
galwayguy

Post by galwayguy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:02 pm

I know that Posti have automated collection points. However all packages seem to be going to the home or to the Post Office for collection. Has anyone experienced this or knows how to ensure that all mail goes to the box ?

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ilikepeanutbutter

Re: Posti Mail collection boxes

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:29 am

galwayguy wrote:I know that Posti have automated collection points. However all packages seem to be going to the home or to the Post Office for collection. Has anyone experienced this or knows how to ensure that all mail goes to the box ?

Thanks
Honest to God I just put a ton of stamps on my stuff and hope for the best. Those things are confusing to me.

http://www.verkkoposti.com/e3/laskuri

This is a great calculator if you need it!

kat

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:43 am

galwayguy wrote:I know that Posti have automated collection points. However all packages seem to be going to the home or to the Post Office for collection. Has anyone experienced this or knows how to ensure that all mail goes to the box ?

Thanks
http://www.posti.fi/private/send/domestic-parcels.html
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

doadeer

Post by doadeer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Its the sender who indicates is it sent to yr nearest post office or automated box. Automated box location can be specified also by the sender.

Jukka Aho

Post by Jukka Aho » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:39 am

doadeer wrote:Its the sender who indicates is it sent to yr nearest post office or automated box. Automated box location can be specified also by the sender.
Just to clarify further: when you buy something from a Finnish online store, they may or may not offer the option of delivering to a Posti Parcel Point — one of those automated lockers. If they do have this delivery method, and you choose it, you get to decide into which Parcel Point you want it — through their online checkout system.

Posti also offers a free-of-charge service called “My Pickup Point”:

http://www.posti.fi/private/receive/rec ... items.html

If you log into their system, enter the required personal details (your phone number being the most important one) and choose your preferred “pickup point”, all ordinary parcels that have your phone number on them will thereafter be redirected to your preferred “pickup point” location, no matter what it says on their address card/label.

A “pickup point” could be either your preferred Post Office location — including the smaller “service points” that can be found in supermarkets — or an automated Parcel Point locker in a preferred location. You can change your preference at will — as many times and as often as you wish — or cancel the service if you no longer want it.

If they cannot respect that preference for any reason (for instance, the parcel is too big to fit into the automated locker or it is missing your phone number), then it will end up wherever it would normally have been routed to by its address label alone.
znark

mdn

Post by mdn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:34 am

A potential problem - you got a message, that the item will be delivered tomorrow, but instead of it - you are receiving for at least 1 week updates that 'no free space', and it is impossible to re-arrange delivery to post offices.

It is an usual case for big items (might be just 1 big box per 'pickup point').

j00820

Post by j00820 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:42 pm

I recently bought something off of Tori.fi and the seller has sent the package through smartpost and should arrive in one of those automated locker systems. I've used it before with someone sending from Espoo, and it arrived the next day after payment and sent me an SMS for pick-up before noon. However, with this current seller, he sent the package (small size) last week Thursday 19.10. and it is now 25.10. and I still haven't received an SMS. On the posti site, they said the delivery time should be 1-3 business days. How long do your deliveries normally take using smartpost? I'm willing to wait another week - that's the amount of time my patience will allow :D

Piet

Post by Piet » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:14 pm

j00820 wrote:I recently bought something off of Tori.fi and the seller has sent the package through smartpost and should arrive in one of those automated locker systems. I've used it before with someone sending from Espoo, and it arrived the next day after payment and sent me an SMS for pick-up before noon. However, with this current seller, he sent the package (small size) last week Thursday 19.10. and it is now 25.10. and I still haven't received an SMS. On the posti site, they said the delivery time should be 1-3 business days. How long do your deliveries normally take using smartpost? I'm willing to wait another week - that's the amount of time my patience will allow :D
Did you receive a tracking code from the seller? if not ask for it, if he/she refuses to give it, ask your money back, if he/she refuses, it is a scam, file a report at the police for fraud and theft.
After this, post his details in the topic for this on this forum to prevent others from falling for this scam.

link to thread to post details: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93025&start=45
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world