Is it legal to work during Sick Leave?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
popeyeps

Post by popeyeps » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi,

I had a minor surgery and doctor provided medical certificate for 3 weeks sick leave. Am I allowed to work during the sick leave for few hours everyday?
It was a minor surgery and I just cannot go to office as I have to change the dressing every couple of hours, that's the reason Doctor advised for 3 weeks sick leave.
So I am also OK with working for few hours on a day. I conveyed this to my manager and he mentioned its OK to work as far as it is fine with me.

My question is - am I allowed to book time sheet as 7.5 hours as sick leave and working hours as flexi hours (or plus hours)? Or should I agree it separately with my manager on how should I book the time? How does this normally works here?
I am a software consultant and part of ITES collective agreement union. Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Honest

Re: Is it legal to work during Sick Leave?

Post by Honest » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:39 am

I don't think sick leave is a forced leave. If you want to work and are able to work you can work. You just shouldn't be cheating anybody e.g your employer, the system or the state.

If you are working it should be declared and you shouldn't be working for anybody else while on sick leave from your main job

popeyeps

Post by popeyeps » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:07 am

My question is how I should book my work time during these days?
As I will be able to work only few hours a day (say 3 hours against 7.5 hours regular), is it mean 4.5 hours as sick leave and 3 hours as work time?

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm

popeyeps wrote:Hi,

My question is - am I allowed to book time sheet as 7.5 hours as sick leave and working hours as flexi hours (or plus hours)?
Nope :thumbsdown:

popeyeps wrote:My question is how I should book my work time during these days?
As I will be able to work only few hours a day (say 3 hours against 7.5 hours regular), is it mean 4.5 hours as sick leave and 3 hours as work time?
yes :thumbsup:

and be honest, you knew this already, IT guys need to think logically, that is why real It guys use linux instead of Window$ Image
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world