Relocation/ Consultation Services

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
EmilyIsla

Post by EmilyIsla » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:56 am

Hi!

I will be moving to Finland in August and I have no clue what to expect. I am not that fond of googling million pages and collect the information piece by piece. Does anyone know if there's any relocation/ consultation services in Finland who I could ask for help? And by help I mean which area to live in, what to pack with me for the Finnish weather, arriving, how to get internet and phone deal, where to buy bus card, what are the must sees in Finland, where to continue my hobbies etc. I know I could propably find everything myself but I would just prefer the convinience of someone finding the answers for me! And of course I am happy to pay for the service.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PJG

Re: Relocation/ Consultation Services

Post by PJG » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:30 am

Here's your coffee. Would you like me to drink it for you also?

http://www.expat-finland.com/moving_to_ ... index.html

Finns are great people but they have little time for lazy people who expect them to wipe their ass when they have their own two hands and a roll of toilet paper at their disposal, so to speak.

Honestly, make some effort or you're going to absolutely hate living in Finland. If you put in some homework yourself you'll be rewarded with a good time/life here.

inkku

Re: Relocation/ Consultation Services

Post by inkku » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:08 am

Welcome to Finland!
I have no info about relocation servics, but google tells me that there seems to be quite many companies providing them such as the one above. Most of issues are rather straight forward, Finland being a small country, only housing in Helsinki can be a huge problem in particular for foreigners.
I believe you can find good information on this forum, there are also various FB expat groups where you can ask help. Or try couchsurfing, internations?
An official information spot is
http://www.infopankki.fi/en/frontpage