Do I have a good enough reason to immigrate to finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
OverloadedCore

Post by OverloadedCore » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:32 am

I've recently been researching some stuff about moving to Finland, and a lot of things say about having to have a good reason to move to Finland, to be able to get this "permit thing". My main reason is because it is a nice peaceful country and I love to go live in a nordic, cold, snow-filled country. My hobby (I don't have a job I'm only 13) is programming right now so could i say that i want to move to Finland for work to program stuff there, or would they just say "nope you can do that in your own country now go away". I've been looking forward to living in Finland, when I'm older, and now this has kind of put me down cause I'm worried that they might turn me away, and not let me live there, and become a Finnish Citizen. Now if there are things i got wrong please can you not have a go at me, I'm new to all the immigration stuff.

If my reason Isn't a good enough reason, could you maybe say what a good enough one is, and explain more in depth than 4 simple words "work, study or family" because to me that is not a detailed enough explanation.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

JuhlaMokka

Re: Do I have a good enough reason to immigrate to finland?

Post by JuhlaMokka » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:09 am

OverloadedCore wrote:I've recently been researching some stuff about moving to Finland, and a lot of things say about having to have a good reason to move to Finland, to be able to get this "permit thing". My main reason is because it is a nice peaceful country and I love to go live in a nordic, cold, snow-filled country. My hobby (I don't have a job I'm only 13) is programming right now so could i say that i want to move to Finland for work to program stuff there, or would they just say "nope you can do that in your own country now go away". I've been looking forward to living in Finland, when I'm older, and now this has kind of put me down cause I'm worried that they might turn me away, and not let me live there, and become a Finnish Citizen. Now if there are things i got wrong please can you not have a go at me, I'm new to all the immigration stuff.

If my reason Isn't a good enough reason, could you maybe say what a good enough one is, and explain more in depth than 4 simple words "work, study or family" because to me that is not a detailed enough explanation.
Well first of all - 13? Better think now about studying well.
And yes reason -" it is a nice peaceful country and I love to go live in a nordic" - is not good enough. Because the only good enough reasons are in these 4 simple words: "work, study or family". It means that you should have a job (real job, not "I want to have one"), have a close relative (husband/wife, child, in your case also parents until you are 18) living permanently in Finland or to be accepted to Finnish college/university.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:46 pm

OverloadedCore wrote:I've recently been researching some stuff about moving to Finland, and a lot of things say about having to have a good reason to move to Finland, to be able to get this "permit thing". My main reason is because it is a nice peaceful country and I love to go live in a nordic, cold, snow-filled country. My hobby (I don't have a job I'm only 13) is programming right now so could i say that i want to move to Finland for work to program stuff there, or would they just say "nope you can do that in your own country now go away". I've been looking forward to living in Finland, when I'm older, and now this has kind of put me down cause I'm worried that they might turn me away, and not let me live there, and become a Finnish Citizen. Now if there are things i got wrong please can you not have a go at me, I'm new to all the immigration stuff.

You are 13. Don't think about moving abroad now. Go to school, go to university, or learn something practical. And then see where you are in your life, and if you actually want to go abroad. It's good to have dreams, but often life gets in the way. You could have a girlfriend, a good job offer, you do not wanna leave family or your social circle, and so on. So if you like keep dreaming, but don't put too much effort into planning yet.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 am

You appear to write very sophisticated for a 13 year old.

Piet

Post by Piet » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Flossy1978 wrote:You appear to write very sophisticated for a 13 year old.
Wait until you hear my neighbours kid of 11 talk about quantum mechanics, :lol: :lol:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:39 am

for starters: start reading into big data and computer security. This will bring constant flow of cash and in result ladies will to be around you for a payout. Just don't knock them up :ochesey:
Image Image

Piet

Post by Piet » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Oombongo wrote:for starters: start reading into big data and computer security. This will bring constant flow of cash and in result ladies will to be around you for a payout. Just don't knock them up :ochesey:
And what about me, retired persons, any advise there? except form the not knocking them up Image
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:39 am

Piet wrote:
And what about me, retired persons, any advise there? except form the not knocking them up Image
Beef up your charm level. Plenty of divorced/widowed available, or your can play a sugar daddy too :mrgreen:
Image Image

huuhkaja

Post by huuhkaja » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:57 pm

I've read a book about a Japanese girl entered a high school in Lapland and completed her studies there. I'm not sure if it's still possible nowadays since it happened in 17 years ago and there have been several changes here, but moving to Finland in young age can be the way. At least you can apply for the universities here, but it does require Finnish skills since they offer almost nothing for bachelor's level of studies in English. All you can do now is study hard and try to learn some Finnish.