Extended residence permit and means of support

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
aakalim

Post by aakalim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:23 pm

I am in the process of applying for the extended residence permit on the basis of my studies. My question is regarding the means of support.

I have almost half of the funds that are required in my bank account (i.e half of 6720 euors) and for the rest of the funds, I intend to show the my summer job employment contact. The combined funds from these two sources would be more than the required amount. But i am not sure if the migri accepts the employment contract as a source of funds, since the migri website clearly states that you need to have the exact amount of money in your bank account.

In the previous years when the extended permit application were dealt by the Polisi, I know for a fact that employment contracts were considered as means of support and a lot of people got their permits extended using their employment contracts. I am not sure that migri will also continue this practice. It would be really helpful if someone has any information regarding this.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Extended residence permit and means of support

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:30 pm

aakalim wrote:I have almost half of the funds that are required in my bank account (i.e half of 6720 euors) and for the rest of the funds, I intend to show the my summer job employment contact. The combined funds from these two sources would be more than the required amount. But i am not sure if the migri accepts the employment contract as a source of funds, since the migri website clearly states that you need to have the exact amount of money in your bank account.

In the previous years when the extended permit application were dealt by the Polisi, I know for a fact that employment contracts were considered as means of support and a lot of people got their permits extended using their employment contracts. I am not sure that migri will also continue this practice. It would be really helpful if someone has any information regarding this.
The law has not changed so Migri will do the same thing as the police. They should update their website since as you mentioned they now also handle extensions.