Residence Permit- Special Expert

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
syazanoh

Post by syazanoh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:51 am

Hi All,

I am in need of your advice.

I have been offered a job in Finland (Oil and Gas Company) and i have signed the contract for it.
Based on my contract, i should start work on 1st of July 2017.

I have submitted my residence permit online application and paid for the processing fees last 25th May 2017.
My appointment at the Finnish Embassy in Malaysia is due next week on 19th June 2017. (to prove my identity and submit the original version of the application doc)

Based on your experience and knowledge, how long do you think it will take for the special expert to get the approval for its application?
I really hope that i can come back to Finland asap.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance and input.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Residence Permit- Special Expert

Post by tavastia » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:50 am

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:59 am

In my experience, they usually try to get it processed before your job start date. If not, usually within a month.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Ozmotix

Post by Ozmotix » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:27 pm

hi, I've got mine last year in November. online desicion came exactly 1 week after I visited the embassy and the card arrived 2 weeks after that. BUT it's different for everybody and I hear migri has a giant backlog these days. also inform your employer with your situation regularly and it should be OK even if you can't make 1st of july. after all they were willing to wait if they hired you.

syazanoh

Post by syazanoh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:07 am

Hi Beep_Boob, Ozmotix and Tavastia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.
Those information helped make me worry less about my application.
Lets hope that they grant my RP approval as soon as they can.

Thank you again and all the best to you guys!

Vermont

Post by Vermont » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi. I have been living in Finland for the last 18 months on a Special Expert Residence Permit. When I first applied for it, I was accepted and received the card within 30 days. However, I have just gone through the renewal process and it took almost 6 months to process the renewal.
Migri is very backed up right now but maybe they are prioritizing new applications.
Best of luck to you on this.