How busy are Migri service points / how long morning queues

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
euasia

Post by euasia » Mon May 22, 2017 6:33 pm

In the news they told that in Helsinki service point you should come 6 in the morning ( two hours before opening time ) or earlier to get queue number. Is it the same in Lahti, Tampere and Raisio?

I could easily go to any of those three. Or even to Helsinki if the queue is shortest there.

In internet service the queue is more than two months.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ilikepeanutbutter

Re: How busy are Migri service points / how long morning que

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Fri May 26, 2017 12:34 pm

euasia wrote:In the news they told that in Helsinki service point you should come 6 in the morning ( two hours before opening time ) or earlier to get queue number. Is it the same in Lahti, Tampere and Raisio?

I could easily go to any of those three. Or even to Helsinki if the queue is shortest there.

In internet service the queue is more than two months.
It was pretty bad in early spring, there were barely seats available in Helsinki. I had reserved my time in January so I understand the crunch time.

You can look at different locations on the website where you reserve time...there might be closer times. I was halfway thinking of Lahti in case something happened to my time in Helsinki.

Kat

Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:55 am

I was there last month. I had to go twice there. The first time I had to wait 6 hours and the second time 4 hours.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sat May 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Just checked for appoints in south. The latest available appointment is on 03.08 in Helsinki :o
Booked an appointment on 28.08 for wifey. Her permit will expire in September.
Image Image

euasia

Post by euasia » Sun May 28, 2017 10:08 pm

What they mean with this?

"If you arrive without booking an appointment, you will most likely have to queue for a very long time and still not get to handle your matter during the same day."
http://www.migri.fi/our_services/service_points

Does it mean that in the first day I get queue number and next day I can get my stuff done with that queue number?

I will make residence permit application in internet. After that I need to visit Migri service point to show my original papers and give a photo for the residence permit card. But I can not wait more than two months so I can not use the online appointment system. But if it is one time visit even 6 hours queue is ok. I believe it takes only couple of hours waiting before getting queue number?

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Wed May 31, 2017 9:50 pm

euasia wrote:What they mean with this?

"If you arrive without booking an appointment, you will most likely have to queue for a very long time and still not get to handle your matter during the same day."
http://www.migri.fi/our_services/service_points

Does it mean that in the first day I get queue number and next day I can get my stuff done with that queue number?

I will make residence permit application in internet. After that I need to visit Migri service point to show my original papers and give a photo for the residence permit card. But I can not wait more than two months so I can not use the online appointment system. But if it is one time visit even 6 hours queue is ok. I believe it takes only couple of hours waiting before getting queue number?
There is a specific amount of queue numbers given out each day. Sometimes they can't get to the numbers they give on that day too since the lines are so long.

No sadly, you have to re-queue until they accept your number which means multiple days visiting and trying to get in.

Yes you can wait in the morning for a number and hopefully get in. I'd look into other cities nearby as well that have places open, that might not hurt. Helsinki was a mad house.

Kat

Vermont

Post by Vermont » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:56 pm

A little bit late maybe, but I went to Kuopio. They took me in less than 5 minutes after I arrived and the whole visit was done in 20 minutes.
I had originally put Tampere on my application but called and was told you can go to any office to show / verify your paperwork.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:07 am

Does anybody know how much this transition to separate Migri service points has affected walk-in or appointment service for Finns at police stations like Helsinki/Pasila and Tampere?

I wonder if the police are now seeing better service times or merely diverted enough personnel to other tasks after the change so as to maintain the same general queue density.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

euasia

Post by euasia » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:13 am

Vermont wrote:A little bit late maybe, but I went to Kuopio. They took me in less than 5 minutes after I arrived and the whole visit was done in 20 minutes.
I had originally put Tampere on my application but called and was told you can go to any office to show / verify your paperwork.
Thanks. This is good news. I don't mind traveling to Kuopio.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:59 pm

AldenG wrote:Does anybody know how much this transition to separate Migri service points has affected walk-in or appointment service for Finns at police stations like Helsinki/Pasila and Tampere?

I wonder if the police are now seeing better service times or merely diverted enough personnel to other tasks after the change so as to maintain the same general queue density.
OK, to answer my own question, I see that appointments at Pasila for ID matters are now a dime a dozen.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.