Single mom and Kela benefits

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
onlyforgame

Post by onlyforgame » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

I really need your help and advice on this. So I think I'm pregnant. I have use the stick and it gave the positive result, and I went to have my blood tested and the result will come out tomorrow. At the moment I'm not so sure, hopefully it's false signal. Anyways, I'm still curious about my situation if I'm pregnant and keep the baby. I'm at the moment a student in Finland (I hold Finnish citizenship ofc) so I have student grant. How much will I possibly receive for my child during my pregnance and after the child is born? I have a plan to get my boyfriend unite with me in Finland too via marriage, and will this affect the kela benefit?

Thanks,

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Single mom and Kela benefits

Post by Piet » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:10 pm

onlyforgame wrote:Hi guys,

I really need your help and advice on this. So I think I'm pregnant. I have use the stick and it gave the positive result, and I went to have my blood tested and the result will come out tomorrow. At the moment I'm not so sure, hopefully it's false signal. Anyways, I'm still curious about my situation if I'm pregnant and keep the baby. I'm at the moment a student in Finland (I hold Finnish citizenship ofc) so I have student grant. How much will I possibly receive for my child during my pregnance and after the child is born? I have a plan to get my boyfriend unite with me in Finland too via marriage, and will this affect the kela benefit?

Thanks,
The marriage thing is for sure a good thing to do: to prevent any problems for the father to come here join you and help you raise the kid :thumbsup:
First you have to consider now what you do with your study when the child is almost there and when it is just born, lets say you are pregnant for 3 weeks now, so your calculated date will be somewhere at the end of the first week of February, congratulations it will be a "Vesimies" ? This is in the middle of your school year...
If you are following a course that requires your presence at the school, you have a problem, I suggest you discuss this (when you are sure you want to go down this path) with social office, Kela and your school. They can tell you al about the procedures to follow and if you start with that right after summer, you have plenty of time to get appointments in time. Make sure you are married before the birth of the child, this makes all soo much more easy.

Oh one other advise, get married in Finland before your friend moves here, when you are married, your husband needs to take the marriage certificate with him and go register (when EU citizen) as soon as possible as a resident on your address in Finland (registration of EU citizens still at the police? not sure check migri.fi),

Then your husband needs to go get a simple bank account, no netbanking needed yet (can get that after 3 months) so settle for maybe Nordea even when it is just temporary, they have good English speaking service.
After the Bank issue, same day, your husband should go to the TE office and register as a jobseeker if he has no job here, same day after that he should go to kela and request unemployment benefits and get a Kela card for health services. Then you have a moment time to breath and go together to social office ask for help with your school & baby thing and go to kela for income calculations and maybe extra income support. (toimeentulotuki)
don't forget the asumistuki at kela (rent support).

If your husband is still unemployed, this might be a good time to start really hard finding a job so you don't need a lot of these tuki's any more, they are a bureaucratic nightmare. (but my advise is that your future husband now already starts to search for a job here, this makes things easier too :wink: )

That will get you on your way. good luck
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

onlyforgame

Post by onlyforgame » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 am

Thanks guys for the quick and insightful answer. We are now planning to get registered as married couple in my country, so I need to have the certificates which prove that I'm still single from both governments. I'm not sure where I can get it from Finland though. Do you guys have any idea of this? I have checked on maistratti.fi / marriage but it only said about Investigation of Impediments to marriage.

Thanks a lot <3

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:20 am

onlyforgame wrote:Thanks guys for the quick and insightful answer. We are now planning to get registered as married couple in my country, so I need to have the certificates which prove that I'm still single from both governments. I'm not sure where I can get it from Finland though. Do you guys have any idea of this? I have checked on maistratti.fi / marriage but it only said about Investigation of Impediments to marriage.
https://www.suomi.fi/suomifi/suomi/asio ... index.html

Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm

If you have already lived in Finland for 6 month, then you shouldn't have any problems.
I am also pregnant from a finnish guy, but I haven't live there for 6 month without going back to my home country, so I have lots of problems with Kela :(