strange case & query regarding tourist visa, pls be patient

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
twistedlife

Post by twistedlife » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:43 pm

At the outset,
Last edited by twistedlife on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: strange case & query regarding tourist visa, pls be pati

Post by rinso » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:50 am

You should realize your marriage is already over. Both parties distrust each other. Good intentions for the sake of the children are not going to save it.
Look at the worst case scenario. Are you willing to risk that?
And yes, there are ways for your wife to get a residence permit when a child with a permit lives here.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:46 am

twistedlife wrote: But at the same time I am very concerned that she may convert without my assent to P type permit even while she is here on tourist visa. That could certainly enable her to file court cases and make life a hell for me again (both in my home country as well as here). I want my family to stay together again in the future but certainly I do not want my wife to take unfair advantage of laws to alienate my children etc etc etc by getting a residence permit (either A/B/P)
She does not need any type of a residence permit to file court cases in Finland. Even if she did, rinse is correct that she might get a family permit through the child.
twistedlife wrote:I am not optimistic of getting a correct answer if I call migri because a) either they would misunderstand my question or b) might give a biased answer based on in-built social bias and presumptions.
Migri officials are required by law to give you correct guidance. I disagree that they would rather risk breaking the law instead of putting their personal biases aside.

twistedlife

Post by twistedlife » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks
Last edited by twistedlife on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newborn

Post by newborn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:33 pm

twistedlife wrote:At the outset, I request you to be patient and not be judgemental. Life has a way of sometimes landing you in very odd situations.

I have a P type residence permit however my wife and one child had earlier had P type residence permit but that has now expired. Other child has a valid P permit.

Due to some misunderstandings my wife resorted to legal cases against me in my home country (needless to say madeup and due to some misunderstandings). We reconciled however for the sake of our children. Now I returned to Finland for getting job, got it successfully and have been working here for some time and at the same time been responsibly sending money to my wife for my family's needs in my home country.

Now I would like to bring them here (Finland) temporarily on tourist visa to be with them and build trust and confidence back again with my wife.
But at the same time I am very concerned that she may convert without my assent to P type permit even while she is here on tourist visa. That could certainly enable her to file court cases and make life a hell for me again (both in my home country as well as here). I want my family to stay together again in the future but certainly I do not want my wife to take unfair advantage of laws to alienate my children etc etc etc by getting a residence permit (either A/B/P)

Existing scenario to repeat: Me and one child on P type residence permt, wife and one child on Tourist visa.

I would certainly want us all to be living permanently in Finland once trust is established otherwise I would gladly return to live in home country where she would have much lesser incentive to file these kind of made up cases (due to no social welfare there)

Key Question: Can she (an ex P-type residence permit holder) convert her tourist visa to a P/A type residence permit without my assent once she is here in Finland? (like making up some kind of story regarding my other child who has P and me who has P too). It would be a disaster for me and my children.

Any kind of help and information would be useful. I am not optimistic of getting a correct answer if I call migri because a) either they would misunderstand my question or b) might give a biased answer based on in-built social bias and presumptions.

I agree with rinso what he said about your situation.

I have seen many times that when there is sign of distrust or feeling of "is there any love between us", or such feeling in the mind of spouses, the marriage/relationship is over, no matter how much one tries, even for the sake of children, it does not usually work. However, there are factors which can vary according to culture/country of the spouses. It may work in a very conservative society where many wives totally depend on husband financially, socially etc. and/or are afraid of society too much to live alone and divorcees are treated badly by the society.

However, as you know your wife, country/culture well and you can guess better than anyone whether your wife will stay with you in your home country for the sake of children. Here in Finland, most probably will not stay, as you also think/fear that there is a possibility that she might not stay with you if she can get residence permit based on P status of your child.
"That could certainly enable her to file court cases and make life a hell for me again"
.....She can do it if she wants even after coming to Finland as a tourist.

I agree with "betelgeuse" about the migri officials and would say that migri officials are best persons who can give you the best advice for free about residence permit issues. Or you can go to some immigration lawyers.
https://www.asianajajaliitto.fi/en/lega ... d_a_lawyer

good luck

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:14 pm

twistedlife wrote:Wife will not be willing for divorce either.
You are a Finnish resident, so your wife has no say on whether you can divorce. It's totally your call.

twistedlife

Post by twistedlife » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Last edited by twistedlife on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rupun

Post by rupun » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:59 am

Even at the risk of sounding impolite: LISTEN TO THE OTHERS REPLYING! They are bang spot on. Dude, the marriage seems over. Move on! Now this seems to be leading to games.

Divorce is uncontested here, meaning ex-parte, you can apply for it, six months waiting period, IF you have not lived apart for two years. If you have lived apart for two years, then it is granted right away. All joint assets are divided.

Depending on where your marriage was solemnised, you might need to apply for recognition of divorce in that country as well (depending on the circumstances), else you would stay divorced here, but married in your home country (which could be a problem if you are not a Finnish citizen) > you cannot get married, and you can be recalled, as far as I know.

twistedlife

Post by twistedlife » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:24 pm

I can understand and respect people's opinions. Thanks.