Getting job before moving?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ColdNeedle

Post by ColdNeedle » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi.
Is it possible to get some manual-labor type jobs / low level jobs before I move there?
Do I need to be able to speak finish to do this? Like working in a factory or cleaning jobs?
And I wonder would I be able to get a apartment with his kind of jobs?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Getting job before moving?

Post by Piet » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:38 pm

ColdNeedle wrote:Hi.
Is it possible to get some manual-labor type jobs / low level jobs before I move there?
Do I need to be able to speak finish to do this? Like working in a factory or cleaning jobs?
And I wonder would I be able to get a apartment with his kind of jobs?

And how do you think that is going to work finding a job where no education is needed,
Ask yourself if you would be an employer, why would you (an employer) hire (you) some foreigner, not yet living in Finland, instead of someone that costs the same or even less with subsidies that actually speaks native Finnish and lives next door.

If there are such jobs available for foreigners that do not speak Finnish, they will be given with subsidies to refugees that are already here and jobless.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

ColdNeedle

Post by ColdNeedle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:36 pm

well I work at part time here in germany in some cloth factory. and there are like 85% foreigners who dont speak any german at all.
so I guess it doesnt matter for this low level jobs?
im no expert in finish but I can speak it quite good.

nosundays

Post by nosundays » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:20 am

ColdNeedle wrote:well I work at part time here in germany in some cloth factory. and there are like 85% foreigners who dont speak any german at all.
No one will have hire you in Finland for blue-collar jobs unless you are in Finland. You need to be in Finland in order to get such a job.

JuhlaMokka

Post by JuhlaMokka » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:41 pm

ColdNeedle wrote:well I work at part time here in germany in some cloth factory. and there are like 85% foreigners who dont speak any german at all.
Labor market in Finland is much more limited than in Germany, so it actually does matter here if you speak language or not.
If you can speak it on some level and you are an EU citizen, then you can may be get some cleaning or farm job. But I guess your income will be lower than in Germany.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:34 am

How the bosses communicate with the foreigners? Work contracts are in... which language? If factory has big machines then the user guides has to be provided... in which language?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

ColdNeedle

Post by ColdNeedle » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:14 am

Upphew wrote:
How the bosses communicate with the foreigners? Work contracts are in... which language? If factory has big machines then the user guides has to be provided... in which language?
They have these in english, polish and turkey. Bosses have translator here who tell the foreign workers what to do