Debt

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Skido

Debt

Post by Skido » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:50 am

Hello

Am totally new to this forum. I seriously need an advise as to how to get back my money i loaned to a friend.
A friend was in need and i gave him money to sort himself out. We agreed he on when he has to pay back. Each time
the date approaches he makes excuses and promises to pay the following month and it never happens. I wish to know if there
are any agencies in Finland that handle such case because i have had enough of his excuses and wish to report it somewhere.
I thought of the police but not so sure if such things are handled there.

Can anyone please advise me as to which agencies in Finland i can report him to so i can get back my money?
Thanks

Debt

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Debt

Post by rinso » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:47 am

Do you have anything on paper (signed) with conditions and dates or is it an informal deal?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Skido wrote: Can anyone please advise me as to which agencies in Finland i can report him to so i can get back my money?
Yes an applicable district court. You start a "riidaton velkomusasia" which roughly translates to non disputed dept matter. With the court order the enforcers will take care of collecting:

http://www.valtakunnanvoudinvirasto.fi/en/index.html

You can demand that your friend cover all expenses related to this and delayed payment interest. However, do note that they can't be collected if your friend is broke (but they will keep on trying for quite a few years). Since you are a debtor you have a legal right to check his negative credit history:

http://www.omatieto.fi
rinso wrote:Do you have anything on paper (signed) with conditions and dates or is it an informal deal?
A wire transfer with a message field stating it's a loan would suffice too. In the absence of any evidence, I would record the next phone call with the "friend".

Popeye

Post by Popeye » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Is there no way to get money from a 'broke' person? I mean, if that person owns a car/television/cell phone/etc, can't that be taken from him/her?

I have a court order that 2 persons together need to repay me 500 euro that they did in damages to me. Enforcement service couldn't get any money from them as they are apparently 'broke'. Are there any other options?

Kiitos.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:51 pm

Popeye wrote:Is there no way to get money from a 'broke' person? I mean, if that person owns a car/television/cell phone/etc, can't that be taken from him/her?
People who own cars, are not broke. Ordinary household effects will not be distrained.

https://oikeus.fi/ulosotto/en/index/vel ... ttaus.html
Popeye wrote: I have a court order that 2 persons together need to repay me 500 euro that they did in damages to me. Enforcement service couldn't get any money from them as they are apparently 'broke'. Are there any other options?
No. Consider the money lost.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:02 pm

betelgeuse wrote:No. Consider the money lost.
As an additional clarification, you can refile to the request later but usually it's not worth the effort to keep the case alive. You can have a private debt collector do this for you but I would think they charge for the service.

https://oikeus.fi/ulosotto/en/index/vel ... omuus.html

Popeye

Post by Popeye » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Thank you for the answer.

I'm keeping it active with the enforcement agency, just in case. It is pretty easy to do and they have been very helpful explaining the procedure.

The criminals did pay me about 100 euro initially but i guess then somebody told them that they could get away with it without paying.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:43 pm

I always said, if my very best friend ask me 50€ until tomorrow, maybe I can give it, but if he asks 5000€ you shall never give it, if he does not have it today will not have it tomorrow.

Also you shall not loan more money you can afford to loose.

Good luck, if the person is broken, leaves the country, you will never take your money back.

Honest

Post by Honest » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:56 am

My rule of lending money is simple. I lend only as much as I can afford to give away as charity. If the person gives back then well and good but if not then there is nothing to worry about.

I know sometimes you want help a friend or a relative but it's better to ask them to collect smaller amounts from more people than asking only from one person.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:44 am

once money is out of your pocket or your bank account is not yours anymore.
For big amount, have a collateral such as their family locked in a cellar. :twisted:
Image Image