Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
nosundays

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by nosundays » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:24 pm

tuktuk wrote:there is no benefit of calling Migri because they told you that wait for 9months maximum time no other thing they will tell you so just wait and watch
Anyway, I'll try my luck tomorrow. They only answer for one hour per day and in Finnish it says "sinun ei kannata tiedustella puhelimitse" which does not really say outright that it's wrong to call. Considering the average period of waiting last year was 4 months for spouses of Finns, I think it's justified to request an update (also hyvän halinnon periaatteet say that you should be able to inform applicant about the expected time of processing).

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nosundays

Post by nosundays » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:12 am

I called them. They told me the application should be start processing within a month.

tuktuk

Post by tuktuk » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:30 am

nosundays wrote:I called them. They told me the application should be start processing within a month.
Good that very good news :D lets hope for the best :thumbsup:

tuktuk

Post by tuktuk » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Is there any news from anyone who applied for the family ties residence permit in end of 2016 or start of 2017??? :?:

Nepali_Pekka

Post by Nepali_Pekka » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:05 am

Applied on January mid, still waiting. Sucks.

nosundays

Post by nosundays » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:43 am

Yeah nothing happened, we applied in in mid-February. The lady at Migri told me to call in a month again if things have not been processed. Maybe you should try calling, as well?

tuktuk

Post by tuktuk » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:21 pm

So that means everyone is at the same position :( so if anyone can get any news please share with us for the update :lightbulb: let hope for the best

Nepali_Pekka

Post by Nepali_Pekka » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:41 pm

we applied on January, and hopped that we would get by mid May and we could celebrate our 1 year anniversary together. but May is gone. then hopped for June so tht we could celebrate my wife's birthday together. June is gone too. I dont know how long we have to wait. getting already depression here all alone.

tuktuk

Post by tuktuk » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Nepali_Pekka wrote:we applied on January, and hopped that we would get by mid May and we could celebrate our 1 year anniversary together. but May is gone. then hopped for June so tht we could celebrate my wife's birthday together. June is gone too. I dont know how long we have to wait. getting already depression here all alone.
I also Applied in January and situation is same also here many things just passed for waiting and waiting and this is very frustrating. but no choice just only wait :( :beamer:

at what date you applied in January and where you applied ???

FINEngineer

Post by FINEngineer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:38 am

Hi
has anyone heard that someone has got the decision in few days. I heard that couple people got the decision in one week. Man was fin and wife chinese. They applied and got cancellation time from Migri. And after one week they got decision. They applied on May this year.
Is it faster processeing time if you have ordered the time to migri timeschedule system?

nosundays

Post by nosundays » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:00 am

Wow if you applied in January, I don't know how long my partner needs to wait -- he applied in February.

But your family residence applications have not even started processing, they are still waiting to be processed??

Nepali_Pekka

Post by Nepali_Pekka » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Has started processing , lets see how long it takes. anyones's has started processing yet?

nosundays

Post by nosundays » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Nepali_Pekka wrote:Has started processing , lets see how long it takes. anyones's has started processing yet?
If you don't mind asking, when did it start processing?

nosundays

Post by nosundays » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:29 pm

FINEngineer wrote:Hi
has anyone heard that someone has got the decision in few days. I heard that couple people got the decision in one week. Man was fin and wife chinese. They applied and got cancellation time from Migri. And after one week they got decision. They applied on May this year.
Is it faster processeing time if you have ordered the time to migri timeschedule system?
...how's that even possible?? We applied in February and mine has not even STARTED being processed.

Nepali_Pekka

Post by Nepali_Pekka » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Of course not dear, started on Friday last week. Applied on Jan 25.