Finnair - Credit Cards

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
harryc

Finnair - Credit Cards

Post by harryc » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 am

Finnair has been complaining about them not being allowed - according to EU directive - to add charges for using credit cards. They say they will have to boost prices and that credit card users are exploting others paying cash, etc.

To me this is UTTER NONSENSE!!

The bottom line is that credit cards are absolutely the least expensive way for companies to get their money

Someone please outline for me another system!

The alternative must count in ALL personnel and resources needed to get funds and CONTROL that the airline gets paid!!!!!

They should also count in -

1. Airlines get funds almost instantly
2. The universality of payment facility in eyes of consumer

Both are huge pluses

These days cc companies charge about 0.5% for the whole system (- the CROOKS continue to be AMEX and DINER'S who gouge huge commissions and annual fees)

Overall - credit card payment is a tremendous boon for the airlines - in actual fact, they should give a DISCOUNT to cc payers for paying annual fees, etc. so that the airline can benefit from this great system for them - which must save them billions on 'fund administration.'

Finnair - Credit Cards

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Finnair - Credit Cards

Post by Upphew » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:26 pm

harryc wrote:Someone please outline for me another system!
Order ticket, pay by online banking, get ticket.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Upphew wrote:
harryc wrote:Someone please outline for me another system!
Order ticket, pay by online banking, get ticket.

Online banking payments are free for the airline and the money comes right away. Credit card payments always have a fee deducted from the airline's share.

harryc

Post by harryc » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:45 pm

My point was what the costs to be considered are what they would be for the AIRLINE if there were no cc's - NOT for what the consumer pays!!!! I said the alternative - which means managing a full 'accounts receivable' department - should be cheaper than the tiny fee the airlines pay for cc (not counting AMEX and Diner's).

The airlines certainly can't force on-line payments - they have to be equipped to have a myriad of systems (if they weren't to use the cc system).

They have to set up a system for handling payments from 1,000+ different banks and all the problems that might come -- it's much more expensive than 90+% being from Master and Visa.

The cc's also provide a complaint department too for the airlines - they do a LOT of intermediate work when consumers try to get refunds, etc. when flights canceled, delayed, etc. I've been thru that a few times - and Visa and Master have spent considerable ressources negotiating, etc. Without their filtering, the 'adjustment departments' at airlines would have to be substantially more complex and stressed (and expensive).

The cc system has been a godsend for the airline business!!

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:56 am

Here's a great example of how good it is for companies to get payments by cc:

(First pop-up on DHL.fi)

Saat jopa 60 %:n alennuksen, kun maksat lähetyksesi luottokortilla!
Ihanteellinen kun haluat lähettää, vaikkei sinulla ole DHL:n asiakasnumeroa.