Marriage

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Peach7

Re: Marriage

Post by Peach7 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Rip wrote:
betelgeuse wrote: You can get married in any country that both of you have visa free access to. Presumably there exists a country that does not require conversion to Islam.
Turkey perhaps?

Yup, we are considering that option. :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onlyforgame

Post by onlyforgame » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi guys,

So I'm in a very urgent situation regarding marriage. I have duo citizenships and I've been living in Finland for 10 years. Now when I'm back to my home country, I planned to get married with my fiancee and also the dad to my expected baby. I'm 4 month pregnant btw. The problem is that my country's population system is a bit crap and so it got me in a very tricky situation. I cannot get the certificate which proves that I'm unmarried at the moment. The reason is that in 2012 I once asked for the certificate of unmarried status ( I planned to get married with my ex at that moment, but then it did not work out, and so I threw the certificate away since its validity was only 6 months). Now they asked me for that paper which I don't have any more. And therefore, they decided not to give me any certificate (even though I have sent them the certificate from finnish maatratti which said that I'm unmarried during 10 years of living in Finland). The local office told me it might take 2,3 months to investigate my status. But I need to go back to finland in September.

I'd like to ask if my fiance can fly to finland with visa tourist and we get married there? And can he stay there waiting for the residence permit as well after the visa expiration? I'm due in January also :( I'm so desperated at the moment since I'm alone in finland and would like to have him besides. Please help, thanks

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:31 pm

onlyforgame wrote:I'd like to ask if my fiance can fly to finland with visa tourist and we get married there? And can he stay there waiting for the residence permit as well after the visa expiration? I'm due in January also :( I'm so desperated at the moment since I'm alone in finland and would like to have him besides.
It's possible to do what you describe. See question 8.

http://www.migri.fi/our_services/faq/re ... its/family

suhasj123

Post by suhasj123 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 am

Is it possible if I travel to finland after marriage the visa for my wife will be allow with me