The landlord is trying to fine me after I moved out

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
joulupukki

Re: The landlord is trying to fine me after I moved out

Post by joulupukki » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 am

Piet wrote:
joulupukki wrote:While we are on the subject of hard to clean ovens, can anyone recommend a product that will de-grease the grease that has welded itself to the inside glass of my oven window? :D
Yes.... 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene :ochesey:
:D yeah, that should eliminate the problem.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:08 am

joulupukki wrote:While we are on the subject of hard to clean ovens, can anyone recommend a product that will de-grease the grease that has welded itself to the inside glass of my oven window? :D
If it is already burned, I'd use something like metal spatula to scrape it.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

harryc

Post by harryc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:35 pm

A soak in30% vinegar (acetic acid) from Tallinn often does wonders.

Piet

Post by Piet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:23 pm

harryc wrote:A soak in30% vinegar (acetic acid) from Tallinn often does wonders.
From Tallinn specifically? why, other additives we do not know about? :ochesey:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

harryc

Post by harryc » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:15 pm

I only meant I've never seen 30% sold in Finland - and Tallinn is just a short swim away.

The product is food grade and contains just acetic acid and water.

(It's quite nice for food-use as if you want something with a bit more 'vinegar bite' you can add just a bit without diluting whatever you're adding it to (relatively speaking).

bringmethehairspray

Post by bringmethehairspray » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:34 am

So what's happened now is that they sent me a bill that can partially be covered by deposit but not the whole amount. The bill is split into three payments to different services for the flat and the deposit is enough to cover two of them but not the third one. I asked them if they can pay for the two from the deposit and I will pay for the last one, but for some reason they are refusing. They are asking me to pay for all three from my own pocket because "the deposit will not cover all the costs". Even though I explicitly told them that they should pay for the services that thsaid deposit covers. Is it actually something they are allowed to do? It seems really shady to me (as if they just don't have my money anymore). Any advice?

harryc

Post by harryc » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am

What kind of arithmetic is going on here?`

X = one of the invoices (amount) covered by the deposit

Y = the other invoice (amount) covered by deposit

Z = the third invoice (amount) not covered by deposit

X+Y+Z = total amount they say you are liable for

You just pay 'Z' and you have ZERO problem. Police, courts, etc. usually know how to count.

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:38 pm

bringmethehairspray wrote:So what's happened now is that they sent me a bill that can partially be covered by deposit but not the whole amount. The bill is split into three payments to different services for the flat and the deposit is enough to cover two of them but not the third one. I asked them if they can pay for the two from the deposit and I will pay for the last one, but for some reason they are refusing. They are asking me to pay for all three from my own pocket because "the deposit will not cover all the costs". Even though I explicitly told them that they should pay for the services that thsaid deposit covers. Is it actually something they are allowed to do? It seems really shady to me (as if they just don't have my money anymore). Any advice?

It seems to me that they actually mean, that your deposit has already been used for the rest of the costs and the bills that are sent to you now, are the actual costs that were not covered by your deposit.

If this is their explanation, you should ask for the specified invoices that are already paid with your deposit money to explain where the money went, after that you will gladly pay the remaining sum.

It would be interesting for us to see the actual bills posted here so we can give you better advice. :mrgreen:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

bringmethehairspray

Post by bringmethehairspray » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:58 pm

That's the point - they claim that the deposit is not enough to cover all the costs and that's why they send me bills to pay out of my own pocket. First they sent me a cleaning bill and they asked me to pay it, I asked to use deposit instead but they said it won't be enough considering other expenses they need to cover (polishing the floors plus replacement of stove). I paid for the cleaning and assumed that the stove and floors will be covered from the deposit. But then they sent me 2 separate bills for stove and floors which they asked me to pay for. Once again I asked to cover them from the deposit (since stove + floors are enough to cover from it). To which they said that I also need to pay for replacement of kitchen surfaces and that it wouldn't be enoug for deposit to cover all three. Again I told them to use deposit for stove and floors and I will pay only for surfaces since it's the only thing that can't be covered by deposit. Now they've been silent for a couple of days after my last message but I expect them just to reiterate the same. To be honest it seems that they just don't have my deposit anymore and that's why they are doing this.

bringmethehairspray

Post by bringmethehairspray » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:01 pm

And they never said that they used my deposit for anything else and never sent me receipts.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:25 pm

bringmethehairspray wrote:And they never said that they used my deposit for anything else and never sent me receipts.
If that was my suspicion, I would refuse to pay any other bills until they showed proof of what the deposit was used for. If they send to collection agency and you dispute it, I imagine the agent would require proof of what your deposit was spent on.

harryc

Post by harryc » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:26 pm

IMO - you really should do NOTHING until they take the next OFFICIAL step.

IMO - if you've done all you say, you can wait for some OFFICIAL body to sort it out.

I would not be threatened by any (phony?) lawyer notices if we are talking about less than 2-3k. Lawyers don't answer the phone unless they aare in the game for 1-2k.

If they are going to use a collection agency - bombard the agency with your info and they SHOULD see that they should not proceed without full resolution.

I should say that Finaland gives too much 'room' to these collection outfits - many operate without much attention as to what is 'right,'

bringmethehairspray

Post by bringmethehairspray » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:35 am

The total amount for last 3 bills is roughly 2500, and if they use the deposit I would owe them 1000. I really don't want to deal with courts or anything of that matter, and I expect them not wanting to start a legal claim as well (it would take them much longer than just charge me for the remaining 1000 anyway).

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:57 am

If they are going to use a collection agency - bombard the agency with your info and they SHOULD see that they should not proceed without full resolution.
Collecting agencies are not arbitrators. Their only objective is to collect the claim. The problem should be solved with the landlord.
I have the impression that the landlord has (had) no overview of the total costs because repair bills were coming in late. He just sent them to you when they arrive. If you agree that you should pay for the costs, ask for an overview of all the costs and agree on how it should be split between you paying and the deposit. But make sure the landlord agrees it is the FINAL bill he is presenting. No more extra (forgotten) costs.

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Collecting agencies are not arbitrators. Their only objective is to collect the claim. The problem should be solved with the landlord
Right - they are not arbitrators - but some have their head screwed on and if they smell a big fight coming - they turn down the business!! (I know)