B type Student Permit to A type base on cohabitation

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
JaysD

Post by JaysD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi guys,

I believe this topic is tiring and exhausting though I couldn't find the answer for my situation after reading through Migri Website.

I'm not sure whether this question has come up before though I'm holding a B type Resident Permit as a student (Non-Eu). However I'm living with my partner who is a Finnish citizen. We officially moved in together on April 2017. My partner suggested me to upgrade my Permit type since my ground has changed. Although as I read on migri website I only found information regarding to either:

- Someone who is not residing in Finland at the moment and in an established intimate relationship/cohabitation(2yrs) with a Finnish citizen, intending to move to Finland and lead a family life.

- Or "A student marries a person who resides in Finland with a continuous or permanent residence permit or with a Finnish citizen, may apply for a residence permit on new grounds."

So my question is when and how I can change/upgrade my permit type since I'm already in Finland on a student permit and now registered in a cohabiting relationship with a Finnish citizen.

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: B type Student Permit to A type base on cohabitation

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:48 pm

JaysD wrote:I'm not sure whether this question has come up before though I'm holding a B type Resident Permit as a student (Non-Eu). However I'm living with my partner who is a Finnish citizen. We officially moved in together on April 2017. My partner suggested me to upgrade my Permit type since my ground has changed. Although as I read on migri website I only found information regarding to either:

- Someone who is not residing in Finland at the moment and in an established intimate relationship/cohabitation(2yrs) with a Finnish citizen, intending to move to Finland and lead a family life.

- Or "A student marries a person who resides in Finland with a continuous or permanent residence permit or with a Finnish citizen, may apply for a residence permit on new grounds."

So my question is when and how I can change/upgrade my permit type since I'm already in Finland on a student permit and now registered in a cohabiting relationship with a Finnish citizen.
In April 2019.