RP Rejected: Reason Low Credits

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
chen2211

Post by chen2211 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:14 am

Hi,

My residence permit application has been rejected due to the reason of having low Credits(30). I do know that 45 is the number of required credits.
Now, I have to appeal within 30 days. Is there any possibility of appeal being successful? Any other steps that could help me with the process. Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Oombongo

Re: RP Rejected: Reason Low Credits

Post by Oombongo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:59 pm

chen2211 wrote:Hi,

My residence permit application has been rejected due to the reason of having low Credits(30). I do know that 45 is the number of required credits.
Now, I have to appeal within 30 days. Is there any possibility of appeal being successful? Any other steps that could help me with the process. Thank you!
give a good reason and convince your department head and/or student advisor to attest it.
Image Image

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Oombongo wrote:

give a good reason and convince your department head and/or student advisor to attest it.
It was in the news couple of days ago that migri is taking strict line with that requirement. Or more coherent than different police departments have had.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Well, did you have any reason? 45 credits is rather doable I would say, and you are far below that number.

A longer serious illness might be a reason for example, if you have the paperwork to prove it.

israelrt

Post by israelrt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:51 am

As another poster said, a long serious illness ( with adequate documentation ) may be a sufficient explanation.
This ( at least in the country I live in. I have zilch/zero/nada knowledge of Finland. ) can be a non-organic.
If for instance, you have had clinical depression or have had an anxiety disorder, your usual doctor may be able to give you documentation of this.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:33 am

Or if you did very well in the credits you completed and you can make the case that one of your subjects was especially difficult for you and temporarily slowed you down.

They like people who make good progress or possibly also people can show they have worked hard at making good progress.

The worst thing is if they think you've just been lazy.

All you can do is express and show evidence of commitment and hard work on your degree program.

What IS the actual reason you only completed 30?
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.