Preparing a Will

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
OrangeCrush

Preparing a Will

Post by OrangeCrush » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello all, just wanted to ask:

Must a Will be drawn up by a lawyer here in Finland, or can I write up a detailed directive and get notaries to witness its signing? Super, super simple Will, as well, with one person "inheriting" all of my belongings.

Thanks in advance for words of wisdom!

Preparing a Will

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Preparing a Will

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:01 pm

OrangeCrush wrote:Must a Will be drawn up by a lawyer here in Finland, or can I write up a detailed directive and get notaries to witness its signing? Super, super simple Will, as well, with one person "inheriting" all of my belongings.
It must not. I am not sure the public notary would agree to witness a will but not really relevant since you don't need notaries either.

OrangeCrush

Post by OrangeCrush » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:23 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
OrangeCrush wrote:Must a Will be drawn up by a lawyer here in Finland, or can I write up a detailed directive and get notaries to witness its signing? Super, super simple Will, as well, with one person "inheriting" all of my belongings.
It must not. I am not sure the public notary would agree to witness a will but not really relevant since you don't need notaries either.
Really! It's seriously as easy as writing up my wishes, signing and dating the document, then stashing it somewhere such as a bank safety deposit box?

Y77

Post by Y77 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:23 pm

you can't do it on your own, it needs to be witnessed and signed by 2 people, and they could tell the beneficiary that could have an interest in shorting your natural lifespan, not a good idea.

You can go to an oikeus aputoimisto(or something like that), they charge you according to your income, and have a solicitor do it for you, the receptionist is usually the 2nd witness.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Y77 wrote:you can't do it on your own, it needs to be witnessed and signed by 2 people, and they could tell the beneficiary that could have an interest in shorting your natural lifespan, not a good idea.
The witnesses are only requited to sign that you are of sound mind. The beneficiary part can be covered so they don't know where the money would go.