When can I start work after arriving in Finland on study per

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:59 am

Hi everyone,

Good day. I recently received approval on my study permit and will be arriving to start my studies very soon. I was wondering if someone can help me out on some information. When am I able to start part time work after arriving, do I need to attain a permit for work, or there is no requirement for such?
Also I would like to know what is the best way to approach employers for work in Finland?

Your help and assistance towards this topic would be highly appreciated. :)

Regards,
Ehab Feroze

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: When can I start work after arriving in Finland on study

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:30 pm

ehab101 wrote:I recently received approval on my study permit and will be arriving to start my studies very soon. I was wondering if someone can help me out on some information. When am I able to start part time work after arriving, do I need to attain a permit for work, or there is no requirement for such?
On day one in Finland. The residence permit doubles as a work permit and has info about student limitations for the employer.

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:27 am

betelgeuse wrote:
ehab101 wrote:I recently received approval on my study permit and will be arriving to start my studies very soon. I was wondering if someone can help me out on some information. When am I able to start part time work after arriving, do I need to attain a permit for work, or there is no requirement for such?
On day one in Finland. The residence permit doubles as a work permit and has info about student limitations for the employer.
Thank you for your response and the information you shared. It was helpful since I am unable to find anything on this matter on the web. :)

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:24 am

http://www.studyinfinland.fi/practical_ ... ng_studies

Make sure you stay within the hours per week limitations while classes are in session

HeidiLiang

Post by HeidiLiang » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Hello,

If I remember correctly, student can work up to 20 hours per week. Good luck. Use Linkedin or mol.fi to find desire jobs. If you are doing great, probably you will get a full time job after graduation.

Good luck!

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:56 pm

HeidiLiang wrote:Hello,

If I remember correctly, student can work up to 20 hours per week. Good luck. Use Linkedin or mol.fi to find desire jobs. If you are doing great, probably you will get a full time job after graduation.

Good luck!
Thank you for your kind words and for the information, and I think it is 25 hours per week as per migri.fi. :)