Orangic food in Mikkeli

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Kiwifeet

Orangic food in Mikkeli

Post by Kiwifeet » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 am

Hey,

Does anyone know any organic food sellers in Mikkeli? Are there any organic farms that sell vegetables, leafy greens etc. I see there are organic vegetables in some of the supermarkets. But I do wonder if there are any other ways to get good organic food. :roll:

Orangic food in Mikkeli

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Orangic food in Mikkeli

Post by Piet » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:13 am

Kiwifeet wrote: But I do wonder if there are any other ways to get good organic food. :roll:
:lightbulb: Grow it yourself maybe? :lightbulb:

In other cases I believe even the Lidl nowadays has an assortment of products made without the use of additives and pesticides.

Note: However all food is organic anyway because we are organic beings in need of organic materials to stay alive :wink:
I guess the word organic is nowadays misused for anything produced without the help of additives / genetic modification and poisons to keep the worms, moulds etc away.
Even gasoline is organic for that matter; organic chemistry is the chemistry that handles all carbon based chemistry, so even TNT is organic, so are most carcinogenic compounds / substances (except f.e. asbestos, which is inorganic).

just saying
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:47 am

Kiwifeet wrote:Hey,

Does anyone know any organic food sellers in Mikkeli? Are there any organic farms that sell vegetables, leafy greens etc. I see there are organic vegetables in some of the supermarkets. But I do wonder if there are any other ways to get good organic food. :roll:
You _just_ missed www.maistaluomu.com
Maybe you could contact them and ask if they have contact information from the sellers who were there?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

harakka

Post by harakka » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:46 pm

You can order directly from local farmers via "ruokapiiri" (food circle). Some of the products are organic.

Join the REKO Mikkeli Facebook group for more details, but this is basically how it works: the farmers will post what they have available during the next REKO meet-up. Comment your order to the farmers you want to buy from. You *must* pick up your purchases during the meet-up. The meet-ups take place every other Thursday (on even weeks) at 16.30-17.00. The location is Pursialankatu 6.

There's another food circle in Mikkeli called Ruokapiiri Lipstikka ry, but their website is down and their Facebook page is less informative.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Piet wrote:
Kiwifeet wrote: But I do wonder if there are any other ways to get good organic food. :roll:
:lightbulb: Grow it yourself maybe? :lightbulb:

In other cases I believe even the Lidl nowadays has an assortment of products made without the use of additives and pesticides.

Note: However all food is organic anyway because we are organic beings in need of organic materials to stay alive :wink:
I guess the word organic is nowadays misused for anything produced without the help of additives / genetic modification and poisons to keep the worms, moulds etc away.
Even gasoline is organic for that matter; organic chemistry is the chemistry that handles all carbon based chemistry, so even TNT is organic, so are most carcinogenic compounds / substances (except f.e. asbestos, which is inorganic).

just saying
I know you are trying to be smart here, but 'organic' is a term commonly used for food produced according to EU regulation 834/2007. 'Organic' food is and has, with some exceptions, to be labeled with the EU organic logo (the leaf made out of EU-stars on a green background) and has to be produced according to regulation 834/2007, and all companies involved in producing, storing and selling organic food are subject to inspection by their organic certification body.

So yes, apart from it's general meaning, the term 'organic' means something very specific.