Oulu vs Rovaniemi

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nata_lv

Oulu vs Rovaniemi

Post by nata_lv » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi to everyone!
Thank you for helping with my previous questions. :thumbsup: Let's continue ;)
Now we start looking for a living place. We are not attached to the specific region of Finland, but we like very much a northern part of country. Oulu or Rovaniemi - that is the question :) Irrespective which one of two cities we'll choose, we are looking for a place not close to the city center. Actually we hope to find something like a row-hause in a rural place or suburb area, but next to one of the cities I mentioned. But if it will be a block of flats type of accommodation, could you please help me with advice about most peaceful and "green" areas in Oulu or Rovaniemi. We are middle-aged couple and we don't like the city center activities, night city life etc - we looking for a safe, quiet neighborhood, green environment. We'll move with own car, so it's not a problem to reach any place for shopping or dinner outside.
So... Oulu or Rovaniemi? And quite and peaceful districts of each.

Thank you! Kiitos! :thumbsup:

P. S. About Oulu. Is it true about a smell over the town from factory? How often? Smells over whole city or over the factory area only?

Oulu vs Rovaniemi

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Re: Oulu vs Rovaniemi

Post by 007 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:12 am

nata_lv wrote: So... Oulu or Rovaniemi? And quite and peaceful districts of each.
Just look at the satellite maps of those cities. They sit in the middle of nowhere. Outskirts of those cities comprise of just forests and quietness. Question is how far you wanna live away from the city center?

P. S. About Oulu. Is it true about a smell over the town from factory? How often? Smells over whole city or over the factory area only?
Oulu smells, of course but I think these days it does not smell that often. Also, it depends on where you live. If you live some km away from factories, you won't even notice the smell. In fact, I don't remember when was the last time Oulu smelled bad.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:20 am

Sent you a PM

nata_lv

Post by nata_lv » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 am

007 wrote:
nata_lv wrote: So... Oulu or Rovaniemi? And quite and peaceful districts of each.
Just look at the satellite maps of those cities. They sit in the middle of nowhere. Outskirts of those cities comprise of just forests and quietness. Question is how far you wanna live away from the city center?

Oulu smells, of course but I think these days it does not smell that often. Also, it depends on where you live. If you live some km away from factories, you won't even notice the smell. In fact, I don't remember when was the last time Oulu smelled bad.
Thank you! We planning to live about 30-40 min drive from the city center (Kiiminki for example) So, as I understood, under those conditions, we are not facing the factory smell.