Citizenship Application 2017

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
tavastia

Re: Citizenship Application 2017

Post by tavastia » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Quick question: I applied for my citizenship application in July but I did not opt for automatically getting citizenship for my newborn child. Now I'm having second thoughts and leaning towards getting him as well. Is adding the parents consent along with the child's passport details etc. in the additional documents section of the online application will be enough or do I need to do something more?
Unfortunately, you will need to apply separately for your children. You can ask but they for sure not allow changing already submitted application.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sruwim

Post by sruwim » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:15 pm

My application went to 2nd stage today.
Applied on 14th April 2017

4/12/2012 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
4/14/2017 We have received the processing fee for your application.
4/14/2017 We have received your application and it is pending.
4/18/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
9/13/2017 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
9/13/2017 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.

vibration

Post by vibration » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm

sruwim wrote:My application went to 2nd stage today.

4/12/2012 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
4/18/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at http://www.migri.fi
9/13/2017 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
9/13/2017 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
Which service point did you submit and select as your processing point?

sruwim

Post by sruwim » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:15 pm

vibration wrote:
sruwim wrote:My application went to 2nd stage today.

4/18/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at http://www.migri.fi
Which service point did you submit and select as your processing point?
Applied from Oulu

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Do you get an email/sms when it gets to stage 2?

downvalley

Post by downvalley » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:22 pm

jaknap wrote:Quick question: I applied for my citizenship application in July but I did not opt for automatically getting citizenship for my newborn child. Now I'm having second thoughts and leaning towards getting him as well. Is adding the parents consent along with the child's passport details etc. in the additional documents section of the online application will be enough or do I need to do something more?

Thanks in advance!
You can send an e-mail to the desk officer to whom you submitted your application.

You can find his/ her name on the receipt of your application:

The e-mail address format is: [email protected]

I added my child after one week of my application submission and I didn't have to pay anything extra. They just added my child to my application. If they allow you to do so, you need to visit the service point with your child.

If you don't get any reply through e-mail, you may try to call them as well.

Best of luck for you!

sruwim

Post by sruwim » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Y77 wrote:Do you get an email/sms when it gets to stage 2?
Yes, I got an email saying that they are waiting for additional documents.

gowthas

Post by gowthas » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi guys,

I received a positive decision today. Below is my timeline and good luck to everyone those who awaits a decision!

29/03/2017 We have received the processing fee for your application.
29/03/2017 We have received your application and it is pending.
04/04/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
01/09/2017 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

05/09/2017 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
11/09/2017 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

11/09/2017 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

13/09/2017 A decision has been made on your application.
13/09/2017 The decision can be read on your user account.
13/09/2017 You have received the decision.

jazwaq

Post by jazwaq » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am

downvalley wrote: You can send an e-mail to the desk officer to whom you submitted your application.

I added my child after one week of my application submission and I didn't have to pay anything extra. They just added my child to my application. If they allow you to do so, you need to visit the service point with your child.

Best of luck for you!

Hi, actually I wanted to ask if you added the child information through supplementary document information? My child was born 2 months after submitting my citizenship application. Would migri still accept his inclusion in the application?

sruwim

Post by sruwim » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:01 am

gowthas wrote:Hi guys,

I received a positive decision today. Below is my timeline and good luck to everyone those who awaits a decision!

29/03/2017 We have received the processing fee for your application.
29/03/2017 We have received your application and it is pending.
04/04/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at http://www.migri.fi
01/09/2017 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

05/09/2017 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

13/09/2017 A decision has been made on your application.
13/09/2017 The decision can be read on your user account.
13/09/2017 You have received the decision.
Congratz!

mangomeloni2030

Post by mangomeloni2030 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi,

Does anybody know, if you get the citizenship and you move out from the country because you do not have a job there any more, does it cause any problem? will you lose your citizenship?
I mean, you do not have any address in Finland, nor any other strong ties to Finland.

Thanks!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:56 pm

mangomeloni2030 wrote:Does anybody know, if you get the citizenship and you move out from the country because you do not have a job there any more, does it cause any problem? will you lose your citizenship?
I mean, you do not have any address in Finland, nor any other strong ties to Finland.
It will not cause problems or losing citizenship.

http://www.migri.fi/finnish_citizenship ... nship/loss

downvalley

Post by downvalley » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 pm

jazwaq wrote:
downvalley wrote: You can send an e-mail to the desk officer to whom you submitted your application.

Best of luck for you!

Hi, actually I wanted to ask if you added the child information through supplementary document information? My child was born 2 months after submitting my citizenship application. Would migri still accept his inclusion in the application?
I added the child information through supplementary document information. Then I visited migri service point for child's ID verification. Before doing these things, i confirmed it with migri.

I would suggest you to contact with migri first and then proceed according to their direction.

jazwaq

Post by jazwaq » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:19 am

downvalley wrote:
I added the child information through supplementary document information. Then I visited migri service point for child's ID verification. Before doing these things, i confirmed it with migri.

I would suggest you to contact with migri first and then proceed according to their direction.

Thank you for the advice. :-)

dunya

Post by dunya » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:48 am

Hello everyone. I kindly ask for some information.

My husband and I have been living in Finland for 2 years now. He has a job and a permit I have it also based on the fact that I am married to him. ( I do not know what is permit A or B, I just know that first one we had was for a year and this one now is until the end of his contract this year ( but we hope to extend the contract and stay for another 3 years)

If we live here for another 3 years , and learn Finnish, are we allegeable to apply for the citizenship ? Or is my husband only able to do so , since he worked her and I am not since I did not have a job?

Also what is the criterium, who gets a positive and who gets a negative response and why?

Thank you so much in advance