No need of residence registering

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
juanjesusplata

Post by juanjesusplata » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi guys,

I'm EU citizen, and I want to move to Helsinki. I have read that it's possible to go to Finland, without right of residence, for not longer than 3 months. What happens if I stay longer than 3 months? how the government control this? If I want to restart this time, it's enough if I travel back to my country (Spain) for few days and then I come back?

I want to go to find work in Helsinki and I don't know if is going to be enough with this time.

Thank you very much.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: No need of residence registering

Post by tavastia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Without registering you cannot get a personal identity number. Without that you cannot do anything as you are just a tourist.

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:46 am

tavastia wrote:Without registering you cannot get a personal identity number. Without that you cannot do anything as you are just a tourist.
It means; no bank account, no reduction on public transportation, no renting a house, no (almost free) medical care, no social support and most importantly no job.
In fact you cannot do anything "official". You will drive your car as a tourist and the car has to leave the country in 3 months, no selling here.
If you have money you can live here for some time to experience life here (but you already know) or look for a job. (the 3 month rule is difficult to check and enforce so they don't bother. ) But as said, you cannot do anything.

ColdNeedle

Post by ColdNeedle » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:03 pm

rinso wrote:
tavastia wrote:Without registering you cannot get a personal identity number. Without that you cannot do anything as you are just a tourist.
It means; no bank account,.
Thats not true. I didnt had a personal identity card but still got a bank account with my home country ID.
And you can get jobs without personal identy card too if you are EU citizen

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Thats not true. I didnt had a personal identity card but still got a bank account with my home country ID.
And you can get jobs without personal identy card too if you are EU citizen
There might be some exceptions, but nowadays banks and employers are very strict because of the tax regulations.