residence permit

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Jimmiekamau

residence permit

Post by Jimmiekamau » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:46 pm

how long does it take to get the decision on rp after submitting the supplementary documents.and is it possible to be issued with a positive decision after the expected arrival date of school has lapsed? I was to be in Jamk on 8/sept /2017 at the latest and my case for rp is still in progress.

residence permit

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: residence permit

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Jimmiekamau wrote:how long does it take to get the decision on rp after submitting the supplementary documents
Nobody can tell you that. Each case is different from the other. For average times and current processing queues, check Migri pages http://www.migri.fi/our_services/customer_bulletins
Jimmiekamau wrote: is it possible to be issued with a positive decision after the expected arrival date of school has lapsed?
Yes.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

lexis

Post by lexis » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:08 pm

Hello,

i am new in this forum and in a similar situation like you. Have you had a decision already on your RP? i was asked supplementary documents one month ago and i provided same but right up to this moment, i have not had a reply.

Thanks.

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 am

Hi,
I do not know if you have been granted your permit. In case it has not been issued to you, I will advise you to contact your School and inform them that your student residence permit has not been issued. They will give you an option or you suggest to register/change to non-attending for this going semester. This will save you from providing unrealistic number of credits to submit for a whole academic year when you want to extend your permit next year
Last edited by Daniel2016 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lexis

Post by lexis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have still not received a decision and really worried. I do not understand you well. Are you meaning if i have a positive decision i should contact my school and tell them my RP was rejected? Also is it possible to have a positive decision when school had long started? Thanks for your assistance.

Daniel2016 wrote:Hi,
I do not know if you have been granted your permit. In case it has been issued to you, I will advise you to contact your School and inform them that your student residence permit has not been issued. They will give you an option or you suggest to register/change to non-attending for this going semester. This will save you from providing unrealistic number of credits to submit for a whole academic year when you want to extend your permit next year

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi,
If you inform your school about your situation concerning the permit that is not ready yet, they know what to do. Delaying does not mean your application will be rejected. Just be calm and be optimistic once you have all the requirements! I think the school will register you as non-attending student in this going semester. Many prospective students coming abroad have been in this situation in the past. The answer to your question is yes. For the fact that school has long started does not mean decision will be negative.
lexis wrote:Thanks for your reply. I have still not received a decision and really worried. I do not understand you well. Are you meaning if i have a positive decision i should contact my school and tell them my RP was rejected? Also is it possible to have a positive decision when school had long started? Thanks for your assistance.

Daniel2016 wrote:Hi,
I do not know if you have been granted your permit. In case it has been issued to you, I will advise you to contact your School and inform them that your student residence permit has not been issued. They will give you an option or you suggest to register/change to non-attending for this going semester. This will save you from providing unrealistic number of credits to submit for a whole academic year when you want to extend your permit next year

Jimmiekamau

Post by Jimmiekamau » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 pm

exactly 90 days today and no student rp response.what could be the problem?? I can't either travel to Finland or claim my school fees back..am just at crossroads

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:15 am

Hi,
I am also studying in Finland as well. I had applied since August, my application is still in *waiting for processing* stage. I even called that I need to travel abroad for conference, yet the personnel on the phone told me that I just I have to wait.

In your case, I will advise you to call Migri and tell them about your situation so that you will not lose all the academic year. I had adviced you earlier to inform your school about the situation concerning your permit that I have not been issued. They will surely tell you what to do. Your money is not lost, Bro.
Jimmiekamau wrote:exactly 90 days today and no student rp response.what could be the problem?? I can't either travel to Finland or claim my school fees back..am just at crossroads