Question about driving license

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mekel17

Post by mekel17 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi, I am a foreigner living in Oulu. I took the driving test but I failed and the payment for driving school is very expensive. I believe that I have the skill to pass but my problem is I get too nervous during the test. I think I need to practice more behind the wheels but unfortunately, it will cost me 65euro/hr. Is it possible to drive a car here in Finland if I have a passenger who has a driving license? I just want to practice more behind the wheels to be more comfortable.

Thank you for those who will answer.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Question about driving license

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:47 pm

mekel17 wrote:Hi, I am a foreigner living in Oulu. I took the driving test but I failed and the payment for driving school is very expensive. I believe that I have the skill to pass but my problem is I get too nervous during the test. I think I need to practice more behind the wheels but unfortunately, it will cost me 65euro/hr. Is it possible to drive a car here in Finland if I have a passenger who has a driving license? I just want to practice more behind the wheels to be more comfortable.
Without a license you can practise on private property that is blocked off from public roads.

tkt234

Post by tkt234 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:01 pm

mekel17 wrote:Hi, I am a foreigner living in Oulu. I took the driving test but I failed and the payment for driving school is very expensive. I believe that I have the skill to pass but my problem is I get too nervous during the test. I think I need to practice more behind the wheels but unfortunately, it will cost me 65euro/hr. Is it possible to drive a car here in Finland if I have a passenger who has a driving license? I just want to practice more behind the wheels to be more comfortable.

Thank you for those who will answer.
That is very expensive. Come to Estonia and make the driving test here and practice doesn't cost too much 1 hour also.
I would never pay 65 euros/hour for practice. That is almost insane.

rob360

Post by rob360 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 pm

tkt234 wrote:
That is very expensive. Come to Estonia and make the driving test here and practice doesn't cost too much 1 hour also.
How can you make a driving license in Estonia when you are not a resident in Estonia ?

tkt234

Post by tkt234 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:47 pm

rob360 wrote:
tkt234 wrote:
How can you make a driving license in Estonia when you are not a resident in Estonia ?
Sorry, I didn't think of that.

Post by 007 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:25 pm

mekel17 wrote:Is it possible to drive a car here in Finland if I have a passenger who has a driving license?
Actually, that person must have a teaching license and of course there should be a car that has a brake on the passenger side.

Or, you drive on a field/forest away from public roads. It's the only place where you don't need license. You can actually post on facebook group called "Työtä, palveluja tarjotaan/tarvitaan Pohjois-pohjanmaa" for help (if you use facebook). You might get someone willing to help you at a lesser price.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

mekel17

Post by mekel17 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Thank you for all your reply. One more thing, is it possible to transfer driving school since I finished already the required driving hours? Is just that my driving school is always fully booked. It's like I need to book 2weeks in advance and if I failed again the driving test, then I need to wait for 2weeks again. 2 weeks of frustration. Thank you all

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 am

mekel17 wrote:Thank you for all your reply. One more thing, is it possible to transfer driving school since I finished already the required driving hours? Is just that my driving school is always fully booked. It's like I need to book 2weeks in advance and if I failed again the driving test, then I need to wait for 2weeks again. 2 weeks of frustration. Thank you all
Yes, you can use other school if you want.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.