Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Noon

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Noon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Noon wrote:__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HI,

You applied since December 2016 and received a request to supplement in august.
Until now, have you received your decision? If yes, how long in total has it taken?
Your reply will be highly appreciated

LoveMeMore :D

Hello! I am still waiting for my decision and it is really depressing, yes i applied in December 2016, from my interview which was in February 2017 till date now is 8 months i have been waiting. :( being away from my spouse for so long is just like torture.[/quote]

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Noon

Post by Noon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:51 pm

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Very sorry to hear that. And if you check from your online EnterFinland account, when did they started processing your application, I mean the phase 2 as shows in the EnterFinland? I received supplement request in mid june, replied two days after and until today, no show. :shock:
Be still and calm, you will soon join your husband. Waiting is not easy but we all have to patient.[/quote]

Hello!
Wow! No news since mid June. And i thought based on comments from those who got their permits after submitting supplementary response the time frame to get decision would be within 3 weeks so when i didnt get mine after a month plus since my husband submitted the supplementary answers, i was worried sick. i guess i was wrong.Anyways i applied on paper and not on enter finland so i can not track my application, supplementary questions were sent to my husband in August and he responded 2 days later. Although my husband sent a message to migri to know the status after 3 weeks of submitting the supplementary answers, and the response he got was that it is still on the decision queue.

Noon

Post by Noon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 am

Hello,
They didnt say anything about the stages of processing they just sent the supplementary questions by mail.

Fin1986

Post by Fin1986 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:14 am

I applied for my spouse in Feb 2016 ... Processesing started in August as they asked for some questions and i replied in 2 days and since then there is no update .... i am a Finnish Citizen, and i have asked them but i have got same reply wait until 9 months . i dont know what is the problem . if you have asked for supplements and i replied to you so why is it taking so long to just give a decision .

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:35 am

Fin1986 wrote:I applied for my spouse in Feb 2016 ... Processesing started in August as they asked for some questions and i replied in 2 days and since then there is no update .... i am a Finnish Citizen, and i have asked them but i have got same reply wait until 9 months . i dont know what is the problem . if you have asked for supplements and i replied to you so why is it taking so long to just give a decision .
You can't apply for your spouse. S/he must do the application, not you. See 1. and 4. http://www.migri.fi/our_services/faq/re ... its/family
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

uetian605

Post by uetian605 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:37 am

Fin1986 wrote:I applied for my spouse in Feb 2016 ... Processesing started in August as they asked for some questions and i replied in 2 days and since then there is no update .... i am a Finnish Citizen, and i have asked them but i have got same reply wait until 9 months . i dont know what is the problem . if you have asked for supplements and i replied to you so why is it taking so long to just give a decision .
Migri is the worst in their processes. Polisi was much more professional in their working. You can expect anything from migri. They have clueless management and highly unprofessional working practices. You applied in February and some people gor their decision even applying in august. So you just can pray that some Migri guru minimize its youtube or facebook and start work on your application.
Best of luck

luisin

Post by luisin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello everyone.

Well, I know this conversation is about Family ties A Permits, but maybe someone is in a similar situation.

I've applied for a Permanent Residence Permit on the end of January 2017.
Still waiting for an answer...

By the way, is the Permanent Residence Permit supposed to take longer than the normal A one?

Thanks!

uetian605

Post by uetian605 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 pm

LoveMeMore wrote:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did you applied for your wife in Feb 2016 or Feb 2017?

I applied for my child in Feb 2017 and received supplement request in four months after which was answered in 2days time and until today..........NO update. When I call, they says, 9kk is not yet inn.
I wonder what they need again after supplements are answered withing the given time frame. Resident permit for children are the least permit applications but yet over since Feb. they haven't finished processing.

I guess they are fumbling in their processing. I also wonder, how come a US citizen applies in August 2017 and gets decision in August 2017? Are there preferences to nationalities? Weird :ohno:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family RUnification Resident Permit Application Ratings 2017
Postby LoveMeMore » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi guys,

I would like customers to provide family reunion first residence permit application customer ratings for 2017 for MIGRI

Please share your ratings from A (A*- poor) up to A***** (A 5stars- excellent)

1. LoveMeMore A* :evil:
Hi, i found this feedback page on migri website, I think we all should send our feedback in constructive way to them:
my feedbacks are:
1- pick the applications in order form newer to older, its not fair to process new application and keep waiting old one. atleast start the process and then may be it take time case to case.
2- Make a bullition atleast once a month to inform how old application has been done already, same way for student application they do.
3- reduce he time form 9 month as its really unfair to separate spouse/relatives for so long just due to high workload excuse.

what else?

may be in this way we can make things easy for coming applicants.

https://my.surveypal.com/app/form?_d=0& ... =Migri2017

CHN

Post by CHN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:02 pm

uetian605 wrote:
LoveMeMore wrote:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did you applied for your wife in Feb 2016 or Feb 2017?

I applied for my child in Feb 2017 and received supplement request in four months after which was answered in 2days time and until today..........NO update. When I call, they says, 9kk is not yet inn.
I wonder what they need again after supplements are answered withing the given time frame. Resident permit for children are the least permit applications but yet over since Feb. they haven't finished processing.

I guess they are fumbling in their processing. I also wonder, how come a US citizen applies in August 2017 and gets decision in August 2017? Are there preferences to nationalities? Weird :ohno:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family RUnification Resident Permit Application Ratings 2017
Postby LoveMeMore » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi guys,

I would like customers to provide family reunion first residence permit application customer ratings for 2017 for MIGRI

Please share your ratings from A (A*- poor) up to A***** (A 5stars- excellent)

1. LoveMeMore A* :evil:
Hi, i found this feedback page on migri website, I think we all should send our feedback in constructive way to them:
my feedbacks are:
1- pick the applications in order form newer to older, its not fair to process new application and keep waiting old one. atleast start the process and then may be it take time case to case.
2- Make a bullition atleast once a month to inform how old application has been done already, same way for student application they do.
3- reduce he time form 9 month as its really unfair to separate spouse/relatives for so long just due to high workload excuse.

what else?

may be in this way we can make things easy for coming applicants.

https://my.surveypal.com/app/form?_d=0& ... =Migri2017
Totally Agree
No matter how frustrating, feedback has to be in positive manner, but frank / candid.

Might be too late for people currently in discussion, hopefully in future things get better.

Also for everyone here, as earlier meesage relating Permanent Residence application since January 2017. Migri site still says applications received from police in January and cannot determine time??

This is my feedback;
1. No visibility at all on status, just looking into empty space.
2. Cannot be certain, but there are claims on this forum of processing within Two weeks and after Five weeks .
3. Some have not heard from Migri for considerable time after submitting additional questions, no communication to the applicants for months.
4. The weekly report until end of June on last years application indicated progress, eventhough the processing speed was throttled in the last 6 weeks. At least it indicated work being done.
5. Students Application got priority, due to studies. But how you can compare family unification and students, like oranges and apples.
6. Student application last report indicates migri is on the mark, no pending, but then they mention the next rush period. As if it's a continous firefighting mode.
7. The last student apllication report shows migri is able to process within two weeks.
8. Family member cannot settle, work, or get medical benefit. Who can afford being without work for 9 months. or not be sick, and if sick pay more than 4 times than resident.

I am still thinking whether to write or not, to migri.

Fati

Post by Fati » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:00 pm

LoveMeMore wrote:Hello, i applied online and yesterday i received my permit card
..............................................................................................

Fati
Thank you for your update. You applied online. Could you tell when you visited the Embassy for your fingerprint?

Anyone with update of receiving 1st resident permit submitted this year should kindly share timeline for referencing.

Tack.[/quote]

on 9th March ,2017 they gave me appointment within one week

uetian605

Post by uetian605 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi
Anyone applied in April/May and his processing started?
regards

mlkm

Post by mlkm » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:19 pm

I just want to share my experience. Fortunately, it was good. My husband obtained the residence permit card in just one week. We are a couple formed by an EU citizen and a Non-EU citizen.
We moved to Finland in August because I was accepted in a master degree program. In September we got married here in Finland, and then we applied for his residence card based on family ties. We filled up and paid the application in October 9, we had the appointment to prove our identity in October 10 and the same day we got the answer that he was granted with the residence permit for 5 years. Finally, the residence permit card arrived October 18. In my case, all has been very quickly.

Noon

Post by Noon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 am

Wow! congratulations. if i may ask is this his first residence permit? i understand the first permit is usually granted for one year.

cheers :D

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Non-EU family members of EU citizens residence permits are processed into a different queue which is much faster than others. Also the permit is granted normally for 5 years.

Manfromnorth

Post by Manfromnorth » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:52 pm

tavastia wrote:Non-EU family members of EU citizens residence permits are processed into a different queue which is much faster than others. Also the permit is granted normally for 5 years.
Congrats to mlkm! I just looked into this and wow! It is much easier process for a spouse of eu citizen to apply and get the RP to Finland compared to a spouse of Finnish citizen. 8 months and counting.