I need a personal identity code (personbeteckning)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ColdNeedle

Post by ColdNeedle » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi.
I went to TE Center to register myself for job search. But they said I cant register there because I need a personal identity code first. (personbeteckning)
They said I should go to police to register myself there. But the police said I cant register myself unless I have a job first?!?!
So I'm a little confused now. How do I get a persona identity code?
I moved to Finland from Germany.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: I need a personal identity code (personbeteckning)

Post by heretostay » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm

You have to register your right of residence and also meet one of the requirements. If you don't have a job, are not here on family ties, and aren't studying, then you have to show proof of income in order to register and get your identity code. See this website for more info: http://www.migri.fi/registration

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 pm

ColdNeedle wrote:Hi.
I went to TE Center to register myself for job search. But they said I cant register there because I need a personal identity code first. (personbeteckning)
They said I should go to police to register myself there. But the police said I cant register myself unless I have a job first?!?!
You cannot expect to walk of the boat and find everything lined up for you.
You have to find a job on your own. Not that it makes much difference since TE-keskus only points you to the internet.

Piet

Post by Piet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

rinso wrote:
You cannot expect to walk of the boat and find everything lined up for you.
You have to find a job on your own. Not that it makes much difference since TE-keskus only points you to the internet.
But it is mandatory in case of applying for unemployment benefits from Kela. So always do it anyway. :wink:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:53 pm

ColdNeedle wrote:I moved to Finland from Germany.
What's the basis for your move to Finland? Is it based on Study? Family relations to a Finnish citizen? Existing job?
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

ColdNeedle

Post by ColdNeedle » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
What's the basis for your move to Finland? Is it based on Study? Family relations to a Finnish citizen? Existing job?
Girlfriend lives here. I have to try to find some job myself without help of job center. There has to be some low level job. Like warehouse helper, cleaning, supermarket etc

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:13 pm

ColdNeedle wrote:
Beep_Boop wrote:
Girlfriend lives here. I have to try to find some job myself without help of job center. There has to be some low level job. Like warehouse helper, cleaning, supermarket etc
Do you speak Finnish?
Do you have special skills that are urgently needed on the job market?
Do you have good personal connections to companies hiring at the moment?

If you have to answer all of these questions with 'No', then it is highly unlikely that you will find a job. Even for unskilled cleaning jobs you will need basic Finnish skills, otherwise most companies won't even consider hiring you. And in a supermarket or warehouse you obviously need the language.

Without a job (or sufficient funds to finance your life) you cannot register your right of residence as an EU-citizen.

JuhlaMokka

Post by JuhlaMokka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:00 pm

ColdNeedle wrote:
Beep_Boop wrote:
It will be very disappointing for you how hard it is here compared to Germany, even for the lowest positions. You can try something like post delivery or cleaning, but even there they want you at least to understand basic finnish

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:24 am

You can try something like post delivery or cleaning, but even there they want you at least to understand basic finnish
And it is even doubtful if these low level (part time) jobs let you earn enough to get registered.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:41 am

let's say your girlfriend may have more possible to find a job in Deutschland than you have in Finland (unless you are a highly skilled professional).
Didn't she inform you about the possible "surprises" like these?
Image Image

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:57 am

ColdNeedle wrote:Girlfriend lives here. I have to try to find some job myself without help of job center. There has to be some low level job. Like warehouse helper, cleaning, supermarket etc
In your case the way to get registered as a jobseeker in Finland, would be to get a U2 form from Germany.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/wo ... dex_en.htm

Y77

Post by Y77 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 am

all the answers you got here are 100% true,and I think the best way to get the code is to get married to a Finn and possibly, if you are really committed to increase your chances to get work, even consider changing your surname into a Finnish sounding one, anything will do, except Tossavainen.

Since you are German, have a look at the Germanfinnish forum here, it has been discussed in the past, the first question relating to this is from 2008, I found useful infos:

http://www.saksalaiset.fi/forum/index.p ... 71f3a0ca56