throwing someone out of an apartment

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
vokitakti

Post by vokitakti » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Hello,
I'm afraid that my girlfriend, now ex, will throw me out of our apartment.
Let me start from the beginning. Last summer me and my girlfriend started dating and she immediately moved into my rental flat. We lived there together until this years spring
sharing all the costs. She owns her own flat, but due to putkiremontti, we stayed in the rental one. This May we moved to her flat. I'm officially registered in here. We have purchased most of things together and majority of the time I have been the financial support to both of us, because she has been trying to study.
About a week ago, she was on holiday abroad and broke up with me over the internet, saying unreasonable things like, she doesn't know who she is or what she wants. The fact that she
clearly is having some out of blue mental breakdown, is irrelevant. My question is, does she have the legal right to throw me out? As I don't really have any savings to rent a new place, not even talking about getting new furniture and starting from zero, what am I supposed to do in this situation? I'm terrified of becoming homeless and loosing everything I have paid for.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: throwing someone out of an apartment

Post by Piet » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:36 pm

First of all, you're not the only one fallen into this women trap.
Second of all, you are registered living there and one cannot just kick you out, you do however have to leave the apartment because it is hers.
You moving to a new place should be supported by her, so you still have to do this together.
Do not try to stall, this will not work.
Be active in searching for another place you can afford regarding your salary and do it quick, start today!! filing applications.
The shared bought goods should be equally divided or she should give you a reasonable refund for it. Goods you bought you can take with you.
Use your receipts and bank account slips if she gives you problems regarding the costs of moving and splitting the household goods.
You can contact social services to help you with this process, especially if she gives you a hard time regarding her support in you moving away.
Also social office assistance might speed up your housing application too!

Prepare to start all over again!

Another remark, why the hell were you not with her on holiday, this is why people break up, they meet new people with different ideas and maybe even get laid and fall for the new guy, not wanting to tell you they cheated, they decide to tell you they break up because it is them not knowing what they want (which is actually true).

First big mistake ever, never let your girl go on a holiday alone or with her girlfriends. If they complain, tell her if she goes, that you will go the same time with a few of your male friends to Thailand (Phuket) and do a few days Amsterdam too. 85% chance they will get jealous or they will be afraid YOU will cheat on them instead...
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Y77

Post by Y77 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:35 pm

The sad reality is that in this country the amount of young people with mental disorders or just generally mentally fu cked up is growing exponentially, something confirmed also by Kela, which says there have never been so many young people on incapacity benefit and already retired on a disability pension and this forum is full of stories like yours, men and women that moved here to siberia-like conditions to follow their love dream and ended up seriously out of pocket and bitterly cheated and disappointed.

In your specific case, the fact that she dumped you while abroad, might have been a plot already planned in advanced because she didn't have the courage to do it face to face.

I suppose also here there are places where you can go and ask for advice ,like Citizen's advise bureau in the UK, and they can help you with filling in form for housing and council tax benefits and maybe even a council flat, in areas usually full of people with antisocial behaviour but better that sleeping outside at -20 c

Post by 007 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 am

vokitakti wrote:Hello,
My question is, does she have the legal right to throw me out? As I don't really have any savings to rent a new place, not even talking about getting new furniture and starting from zero, what am I supposed to do in this situation? I'm terrified of becoming homeless and loosing everything I have paid for.
If both of you were tenants, then she wouldn't be able to kick you but that's not the case here. It's her flat. Landlord and tenant can terminate the rental contract with a notice in advance. If it's not stated in contract or you don't have a contract, there should be some law to follow but in any case, you gotta move out at some point if she tells you so.

If you don't have money to move out, you can apply for sossu money. Again, it depends on whether you are into the system.

If you have paid for something, you are the owner. Depending upon the agreement you have with her, you can take all or at laest some of the stuffs you bought.

Best of all.

PS, don't cry over spilled milk. She is your ex now. Move on.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:51 pm

vokitakti wrote:My question is, does she have the legal right to throw me out?
Yes but you can drag it out until a court order makes enforcement do it.
vokitakti wrote: As I don't really have any savings to rent a new place, not even talking about getting new furniture and starting from zero, what am I supposed to do in this situation? I'm terrified of becoming homeless and loosing everything I have paid for.
I agree with the previous posters that you share ownership of the items bought together.

http://www.infopankki.fi/en/living-in-f ... lationship