Posti - Sometimes we deliever on your door and sometimes not

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:44 pm

I am so furious about that company.
First of all, I ordered through Amazon, DHL apparently gave the package to Posti. Normally, we get a paper from Post, when a package is there. But apparently not this time. For some reason, they wanted to deliver the package today and I didn't open the door. Why? Because I live in the middle of the city and many many random people are ringing the doorbell. I also had ones a drunken one in front of my door or just people who rang for fun apparently. So me and my fiance decided to not open the door, unless we know that something is coming. Today that was a mistake. I checked all the numbers and trackings and normally they would come on 2nd November, but no, they came today, ringing the bell and now it says in the status that no one opened the door. Yea how nice. I just wonder what happens now. Can't they just give the normal paper as they normally do? How should I know when they deliver and how? Cause the last few times they always give us the paper that we can get it from the posti office. Now I got nothing...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: Posti - Sometimes we deliever on your door and sometimes

Post by heretostay » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:51 pm

DHL email is: [email protected] and they provide service in English. Maybe they can advise if posti will attempt again to deliver or something?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Not that complicated. They'll either make another delivery attempt or send you a pickup notification.

Chill out. It's not like your package will now be destroyed because you didn't open the door.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:08 pm

Mizu1993 wrote:I am so furious about that company.
First of all, I ordered through Amazon, DHL apparently gave the package to Posti. Normally, we get a paper from Post, when a package is there. But apparently not this time. For some reason, they wanted to deliver the package today and I didn't open the door. Why? Because I live in the middle of the city and many many random people are ringing the doorbell. I also had ones a drunken one in front of my door or just people who rang for fun apparently. So me and my fiance decided to not open the door, unless we know that something is coming. Today that was a mistake. I checked all the numbers and trackings and normally they would come on 2nd November, but no, they came today, ringing the bell and now it says in the status that no one opened the door. Yea how nice. I just wonder what happens now. Can't they just give the normal paper as they normally do? How should I know when they deliver and how? Cause the last few times they always give us the paper that we can get it from the posti office. Now I got nothing...
Postman Pat rings doorbell n:th time today. As usual, no one opens. Then he drives back to the local post office, scribbles a package note which will be delivered by your regular postman to your mailbox. Then you take the note and rush to get your package from post office mentioned in your note. Just business as usual Unusual it would have been if someone opens the door.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:32 pm

If you have the phone number or email into the sending info they will send before notification that package has arrived and when you want to be delivered (for door deliveries).
If is pickup from post then will just tell it has arrived.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:33 pm

Mizu1993 wrote:I just wonder what happens now. Can't they just give the normal paper as they normally do? How should I know when they deliver and how? Cause the last few times they always give us the paper that we can get it from the posti office. Now I got nothing...
If you don't want to wait for the paper notification, you should be able to get the posti scan code on their digital services if you know the DHL tracking code and input it to the posti systems. I sometimes use their mobile app to pick up items before the paper notification has arrived.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 pm

Are you sure it was handed over to Posti? DHL always delivered itself to me in the Helsinki region. But if they couldn't deliver they would still leave a piece of paper with the next delivery attempt and the phone number to call to make arrangements (other time to deliver, pick up from Posti, etc.), but you had to call it the same day, otherwise the package would be on the delivery truck again the next morning. And after two unsuccessful attempts I had to pick it up from the DHL headquaters, which is just next to the airport in Vantaa.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:27 pm

There's DHL Express, which delivers to your doorstep all the time, 100% of the time, unless there are 2 delivery failures, after which you can either pick up from a service point or arrange another delivery.
Then there's DHL Paket, which delivers through delivery partners (local delivery companies), like Posti or Matkahuolto.

Online sellers rarely make the distinction when you buy the service. They simply call both DHL.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.