pregnant, unmarried

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
latikajamal

pregnant, unmarried

Post by latikajamal » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Good day!
I hope you can give me a piece of advice with my situation..
I'm an Asian girl, in a relationship with a Finnish citizen, we've been together less than 2yrs.
He met my family in my home country,we had a vacation in other country, and i got my tourist visa for 90days in Finland,we stayed together and love each other..
last month before I leave Finland, before the expiry of my visa, we found out that I'm pregnant,, now I'm back to my home country.
I only want to know what type of visa do I need to apply now,,
now that I'm pregnant(6weeks) we're not married yet..
Hope I can get some ideas from here..
Thank you so much..

pregnant, unmarried

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: pregnant, unmarried

Post by tavastia » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:37 am

I believe you have not lived together 2 years, you are not married, based on the pregnancy you cannot get any type of residence permit until your children is born.
After he is born, if he will get Finnish citizenship, based on the father, you may apply for family ties residence permit with the child.
Recognizing in Finland, your boyfriend paternity may not be so strait forward process as it sounds.

Meanwhile, only a visa for visiting is the option, you will be as a tourist in Finland, anything you will have to pay, including if you are getting birth in Finland, and is not cheap.

Good luck!

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:30 am

latikajamal wrote:Good day!
I'm an Asian girl, in a relationship with a Finnish citizen, we've been together less than 2yrs.
He met my family in my home country,we had a vacation in other country, and i got my tourist visa for 90days in Finland,we stayed together and love each other..
last month before I leave Finland, before the expiry of my visa, we found out that I'm pregnant,, now I'm back to my home country.
Thank you so much..
Let him come to your home country and marry him. Then the RP process is easy.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:01 pm

rinso wrote:
latikajamal wrote:Good day!
Thank you so much..
Let him come to your home country and marry him. Then the RP process is easy.
No it is not.
Don't lie to people.

Their relationship can be flagged as possible false marriage and they have to be prepared to present undeniable evidence of opposite.

Blessedbaby

Post by Blessedbaby » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:16 pm

What is your partner's reaction to the pregnancy? Are you two ready to be parents?? Since you are SE asian and unmarried I think it would be better if you have the baby in Finland and marry your partner there. I am assuming both of you are working so can jointly contribute to the hospital bill after you deliver the baby.

Since you two have been in a relationship for 2 years and have proof of your relationship you can marry him if you are visiting Finland on a tourist visa. (just mention on your application you intend to marry).

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Their relationship can be flagged as possible false marriage and they have to be prepared to present undeniable evidence of opposite.
A bun in the oven (which he recognizes) will be sufficient.

theelephantmum

Post by theelephantmum » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Please also note that if you are not married, your boyfriend is not automatically considered the baby's father. You'll need to go through some additional bureaucracy in Finland, so that your boyfriend accepts the baby as his own. This will include some questions about your relationship. Until he's officially the baby's father, your child will not have Finnish citizenship.
:sun: My blog on parenting, adoption & living in Finland >> theelephantmum.wordpress.com :sun:
Instagram: @theelephantmum

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:09 pm

theelephantmum wrote:Please also note that if you are not married, your boyfriend is not automatically considered the baby's father. You'll need to go through some additional bureaucracy in Finland, so that your boyfriend accepts the baby as his own. This will include some questions about your relationship. Until he's officially the baby's father, your child will not have Finnish citizenship.
If your boyfriend denies (if he does not want the child) you can however request a DNA test to prove he is the father (will cost something too, incl legal stuff), if this DNA test proves he is the father, your child has Finnish citizenship and you will get permanent residence based on family ties (as long as you have custody of the child).

But as said, easiest is getting married now, then a lot of things will go so much easier.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Blessedbaby wrote:What is your partner's reaction to the pregnancy? Are you two ready to be parents?? Since you are SE asian and unmarried I think it would be better if you have the baby in Finland and marry your partner there. I am assuming both of you are working so can jointly contribute to the hospital bill after you deliver the baby.

Since you two have been in a relationship for 2 years and have proof of your relationship you can marry him if you are visiting Finland on a tourist visa. (just mention on your application you intend to marry).
Thanks for the comment.....We both happy about my pregnancy, He tried to ask immigration in Finland and seek information on what to do. I really have no idea, because this is our first baby, and he wants me to stay and deliver our baby in Finland. Money here is not a problem if ever I'm gonna deliver my baby in Finland...what I want is that to be with him...and my baby deserves to be in Finland because my baby's father is a finnish citizen.. if I deliver my baby here in my home country, I knew it will be a lot of papers and work. I only want to know, what type of visa for me to get to Finland as soon as possible....I was thinking I just finished my 3months tourist visa and I need to wait for 3more months before I'm gonna apply my next visa..
Thank you...

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:28 am

Yes, you must wait for 3 months before asking a new tourist visa which if they will give it will be for maximum 3 months. Beeing pregnant does not qualify you for any residence permit.

If you plan to give birth in Finland while on tourist visa there will be quite a high cost, 2-3k€.

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 am

Hi..yesterday I went to the embassy who process visa for Finland,we don't have finnish embassy in our home country. in my boyfriend's invitation, he said that I'm pregnant and he's going to marry me as soon as I got my visa and apply residence permit in Finland due to family ties. It's a visit visa, for 3mos like what I got before, I had my valid plane tickets back and forth, travel insurance, I never shown any of my bank accounts, I just gave them my boyfriend's bank statement for 3mos, and the proof of my accommodation he's 3property in Finland with title,he's cars because he's a racer since my boyfriend has his own company,he can finance my pregnancy in Finland.i also gave our proof of relationship 3pics, and copies of our passport with stamps of our vacations, like what I presented last time I got my tourist visa for 3mos.... But this time I just added the proof of my pregnancy now it's 17weeks(medical certificate,ultrasound pix) the staff who interviewed me said,your documents are good, you can proceed to biometric, but she noticed I'm giving her 1 more paper, and this is my certificate of non impediment with our embassy stamp on it(authenticated by our embassy) I asked her to legalise my certificate by the embassy of Finland, she answered, they had never encountered that, and they were not allow to do that, I said, my boyfriend said I need it for my marriage if ever I got my visa to visit Finland, so what she told me was, write a letter to the embassy regarding to this matter and she will just insert it in the back of my certificate, so I did, I gave my certificate with a letter asking to legalise my certificate by the finnish embassy even though it's Norway embassy.so now I'm waiting for the result and I will tell to this forum how it goes with my application, I always put into my mind that, everything happens for a reason

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:14 am

After 5days, I got an answer from the norwegian embassy here in our home country who process the visa under Finland. I'm so happy to say to this forum that my VISA WAS GRANTED, I'm so grateful when the norwegian embassy called me(the reason they called was about the certificate of non impediment) he told me that they were not authorised to put the stamp in that certificate of non impediment and give me some idea on how to get that. We only have consulate from Finland we don't have embassy. I don't know how can I get that stamp now.but it's okay, I'll wait on Monday, my boyfriend will asked the embassy in Finland how to get that stamp. December is my flight going to Finland and I hope I could get that stamp so I could get marry in Finland, and for sure I'm gonna deliver my baby there as I told to my application. I wanna end my thread with this post and goodluck to everyone..everything is possible when you believe..as long as the relationship Is genuine,you have nothing to worry.

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:17 am

tavastia wrote:Yes, you must wait for 3 months before asking a new tourist visa which if they will give it will be for maximum 3 months. Beeing pregnant does not qualify you for any residence permit.

If you plan to give birth in Finland while on tourist visa there will be quite a high cost, 2-3k€.
I would like to thank you tavastia for your advice, that was really helpful ,and hope you could spread truthful comments to those who would ask for help..i saw all your comments to different posts in this forum which was really helpful and in detail...thank you and Godbless.

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:06 am

Blessedbaby wrote:What is your partner's reaction to the pregnancy? Are you two ready to be parents?? Since you are SE asian and unmarried I think it would be better if you have the baby in Finland and marry your partner there. I am assuming both of you are working so can jointly contribute to the hospital bill after you deliver the baby.

Thank you for this comment, really helped me a lot....hope you can help a lot of people who ask for help...thank you and Godbless...

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 pm

I'm happy that I got the two stamps for my certificate of non-impediment. I had a problem before thinking where to get that stamp..because we don't have finnish embassy in our home country....since we don't have finnish embassy, we have honorary consulate of Finland in our home country. I send them email and they replied, they told me what to do in that email, and I went there with my certificate of non impediment which was legalised by our department of foreign affairs, and in less than 10minutes, the honorary consulate of Finland in our home country legalised it. So I had the two stamps now in my certificate. I'm excited to see my boyfriend again after 4mos.,and tell him.. I made it!
See you next week Finland... Hope it's gonna be a safe flight for me and my little angel.mwah!