CERTIFICATE OF NON IMPEDIMENT

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
hiworld

Post by hiworld » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi,

i intend to get married in finland, i received visa but now i'm having trouble with my certificate of non impediment (marital status) because Ministry of foreign affair does not do the certify on it and simply said that they want us to get married in country and not oversea. i contacted finland embassy regarding the issue and offer other choice like notary public but embassy were not helpful and they still demand the ministry of foreign affair to certify it prior to embassy verification.

is there anyone ever have the same issue? many people said its weird but its reality issue as i know few people here are having the same issue.

i appreciate all your advise.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: CERTIFICATE OF NON IMPEDIMENT

Post by tavastia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Can you get this from an embassy of your country in Finland, or close by?

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 am

tavastia wrote:Can you get this from an embassy of your country in Finland, or close by?
we dont have embassy in finland so I called embassy in Paris and in London but they simply said that they do not do it and only push me to do it in home country. i contacted lawyer to get this done but the ministry in my home country still denied to do it. ministry stated that CERTIFICATE OF NON IMPEDIMENT is to be used within country and not abroad.

i guess finland embassy need to do some compromise or i would never able to get married and my visa would mean nothing :(

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:39 am

Then you will have to marry in your country, register the marriage at Finnish embassy, and you can use your visa to fly in Finland when you can apply for RP.
To register the marriage in Finnish embassy you will need to translate the marriage certificate in English, Finnish or Swedish. certify it at as original MFA in your country, legalize it at Finnish embassy and then registration of marriage is a simple A4 filled at embassy which will go to Maistratti directly.

Very important, in order for Finnish embassy to legalize the document it needs to have the last stamp on last page of the document from MFA saying "Certified true copy" or "Certified genuine signature" and not only "Seen at...". Other inner pages from the document is fine to have "Seen at..." stamp. In case you have only the "Seen at" stamp also on the last page, then Finnish embassy will not legalize the document and you are stuck again.

MFA certification office does not mark the document as "Certified true copy" in they have a signature sample of the officer who issue the document, so will be important to marry in some bigger district offices to have the more luck that someone before had legalized a document from there and MFA has the officer signature. You may ask the officer when he started the job :) as if is new on the job there can be a problem with MFA not having his signature. Getting the signature of the officer to MFA legalization office is possible but could be a very long process as you cannot do anything and the offices needs to talk each-other.

Good luck!

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 pm

thank you. but getting married in my home country is a REAL pain in the ass and since i already granted visa so i really want to make this work. i know many people getting married in Norway & Sweden without legalize on marital status from ministry of foreign affair in my home country as they aware that issue here.

my fiance has been communicate this issue with registra office in finland and they were also inform by finland ministry of foreign affair of this issue, so they are now discussing what they can do.

i just wondering that Norway and Sweden also in nordic countries can make this exceptional for my home country as they aware how hard to deal with our ministry so finland could also do the same?