New washing machine instalation

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
fldavid

Post by fldavid » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Dear All,

I am trying to install my new Whirlpool AWE5100 washing machine, and the water just doesn't come out of the tap (specific washing machine tap in the bathroom) even when the pipes are connected, I already checked that the mains are turned On and the other taps and shower etc works very well. Its only the washing machine tap that does not seem to be working. The washing machine tap has never been used before. The bathroom is a year old and everything else works very well. Am I missing something?
Help! Im running out of clean clothes! :ohno:

Thank you! Flora

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Manfromnorth

Re: New washing machine instalation

Post by Manfromnorth » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 pm

I have to ask...did you turn the switch on the tap to "open" position?

fldavid

Post by fldavid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:12 am

Manfromnorth wrote:I have to ask...did you turn the switch on the tap to "open" position?
Thank you for the reply and yes I did :) and do you know if the water should come through the tap even when the machine is not connected to it?Image

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:22 pm

fldavid wrote:
Manfromnorth wrote:I have to ask...did you turn the switch on the tap to "open" position?
Thank you for the reply and yes I did :) and do you know if the water should come through the tap even when the machine is not connected to it?Image
When no machine is connected and you open the tap, there should come water..... unless.....there is a shut off valve in the water pipe to the tap, most of the time these are installed to prevent accidental water spills. These valves are to be opened by turning them a quarter turn with a big flat screwdriver

example: this one on the picture is in the open position.

Or there could also be one like this: this one is also in the open position. (no need for a screwdriver :lol: )

source of pictures: K-rauta.fi
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

fldavid

Post by fldavid » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Thank you very much :) I will try to find that pipe!