Important information are needed

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
newborn

Post by newborn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Hello guys

I got Finnish citizenship almost 3 years ago. I would like to get some information about what kinds of things I should keep in mind if I want to leave Finland permanently (stay more than 1 year)

For example:

1. What will happen to my situation in Finnish social security system?
2. I paid taxes for more than 6 years in Finland. What will happen to my situation in Taxation and my old age pension after my retirement?
3. Is there any rules/requirements that I must stay in Finland for a minimum number of years (before and after I got citizenship) to get my old age pension after the retirement if I come back to Finland again or to get pension from another country?

I would appreciate your answers with important information.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Oombongo

Re: Important information are needed

Post by Oombongo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:21 pm

I wonder about this too once a while, specially when I would like to retire to some cheaper country.
Living in Finland would be too expensive for me.
Image Image

masao

Post by masao » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:13 pm

newborn wrote:Hello guys

I got Finnish citizenship almost 3 years ago. I would like to get some information about what kinds of things I should keep in mind if I want to leave Finland permanently (stay more than 1 year)

For example:

1. What will happen to my situation in Finnish social security system?
2. I paid taxes for more than 6 years in Finland. What will happen to my situation in Taxation and my old age pension after my retirement?
3. Is there any rules/requirements that I must stay in Finland for a minimum number of years (before and after I got citizenship) to get my old age pension after the retirement if I come back to Finland again or to get pension from another country?

I would appreciate your answers with important information.
Hi.
About 2 and 3. The taxes you have paid are gone and won't come back. The old-age pension you will receive monthly when you reach the retirement age (currently 63 in Finland).
They will send the pension money to you wherever you will be. If Finland has an agreement with your country, your own pension institute in your country will handle the paper work for you. Otherwise
you will have to do the paper work directly with Finnish pension distributor (Ilmarinen, Varma etc). Those companies also know approximately how much you have been contributing the old-age pension and how much
you will be getting when the retirement age comes. No other requirements.
The Finnish Centre Of Pensions (Eläketurvakeskus) in Pasila will give you more information).

Currently I am receiving pension money from the UK (where I worked for three years in the 2000s) and from Japan as well as from Finland. With the UK, Ilmarinen did the paper work for me but with Japan, I had to visit there and had to do
the paper work by myself.
By the way I do not have Finnish citizenship.

t, masao
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:16 pm

newborn wrote: 1. What will happen to my situation in Finnish social security system?
http://www.infopankki.fi/en/living-in-f ... om-finland
newborn wrote: 2. I paid taxes for more than 6 years in Finland. What will happen to my situation in Taxation and my old age pension after my retirement?
https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/tax- ... 3year_rul/
newborn wrote: 3. Is there any rules/requirements that I must stay in Finland for a minimum number of years (before and after I got citizenship) to get my old age pension after the retirement if I come back to Finland again or to get pension from another country?
Not for earnings-related pensions.