Risen wooden floor

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
atroul

Risen wooden floor

Post by atroul » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Hello,
we are moving away from our apartment (Sato) and they came to inspect the apartment.
Everything was fine except the wooden floor in the kitchen where it was risen due to water (1 or 2 sq. meters).
Does anyone know the cost to fix that? Any company who does this kind of jobs in Turku?
The problem occurred from a leaking fridge which the company changed it for free. Maybe it is their problem and not something that
we have to pay?
Thanks for your help

Risen wooden floor

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piapia

Re: Risen wooden floor

Post by Piapia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Hei, the same thing happened to me.. because of a very old fridge! if you have insurance (kotivakuutus), maybe the expenses can be covered..
I found someone from Tori.fi (the lowest offer among the available ones) and bought the materials from bauhaus, the total cost was about 500 eu.. (paid about 400 eu to material tho, might be cheaper in other stores), plus not only this small area, but because of some adjustments the whole kitchen floor (about 8 square meter) had to be renewed.. Some companies were asked for only 500 eu without the material cost for such a small area! hope you can find a way to fix it cheaper, good luck!

atroul

Post by atroul » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:26 pm

hx for the information! I already asked my insurance company if its covered.
But is the fixing cost that big? To replace the wooden (most probably laminate) floor 500 euros for 8 square meters?

Piapia

Post by Piapia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Yeap, the box of parketti was about 30 euros (he was the one demanding specifically a certain kind of parketti), and underneath of it, an other wooden plate was required, plus edges and door trim.. I paid about 400 eu only to the materials (without kuljetus).. If you buy cheaper parketti, and cheaper door trim the cost might be less, my landlord asked for good quality work! so I couldn't choose the cheapest materials on the market..

masao

Post by masao » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 pm

atroul wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 pm
Hello,
we are moving away from our apartment (Sato) and they came to inspect the apartment.
Everything was fine except the wooden floor in the kitchen where it was risen due to water (1 or 2 sq. meters).
Does anyone know the cost to fix that? Any company who does this kind of jobs in Turku?
The problem occurred from a leaking fridge which the company changed it for free. Maybe it is their problem and not something that
we have to pay?
Thanks for your help
Hi.
What do you mean by "the company"? If you mean Sato, then you have a good reason to believe that they will fix the floor
by themselves.

t, masao
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

atroul

Post by atroul » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 am

Yes I mean Sato... they will fix it but I dont know how much they will ask from me to pay

masao

Post by masao » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 am

atroul wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:20 am
Yes I mean Sato... they will fix it but I dont know how much they will ask from me to pay
Hi.
The floor was damaged by the old fridge. If I were you I would told Sato that they should repair the damage by themselves.
That's what I would insist.

t, masao
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

atroul

Post by atroul » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:12 am

This is what I am thinking...
Anyway thank you :)