Student RP and origins of fund

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
136472Makemake

Post by 136472Makemake » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Hello,

I was accepted into TUT and I need to start preparing my RP application. On the website it asks for "origins of funds". My bank account contains about 28.000 euros (I was going to study in Canada last year but I decided not to and the money just stayed there), the money was transferred on my account by my father. How should I go about proving the origins of these funds? (it needs to be a document)

Thanks a lot!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Student RP and origins of fund

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:53 pm

136472Makemake wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 pm
I was accepted into TUT and I need to start preparing my RP application. On the website it asks for "origins of funds". My bank account contains about 28.000 euros (I was going to study in Canada last year but I decided not to and the money just stayed there), the money was transferred on my account by my father. How should I go about proving the origins of these funds? (it needs to be a document)
Signed document by your father that says the money is a gift to you.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:20 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:53 pm
136472Makemake wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 pm
Signed document by your father that says the money is a gift to you.
With bank statement showing that the money has been in op's account for a year that should do the trick.

Migri tries to keep out people who are criminals or that don't have means to live here. Some students used to have "common" money to show officials that they have enough money for residence permit.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

136472Makemake

Post by 136472Makemake » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 am

I ended up transferring around 8000€ into a new account, and for the origin of funds I provided a statement from the bank showing the amount of money in the original account and that it was specifically put there by my dad, + a paper showing that I transferred the 8000€ from that account into the new one.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation. Thanks guys!

lujain_lg

Post by lujain_lg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 pm

I think you should also provide payslips or employment contract of you sponsor to prove where he got that money

136472Makemake

Post by 136472Makemake » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:26 am

> I think you should also provide payslips or employment contract of you sponsor to prove where he got that money
No I called the immigration service and specifically asked if I needed to document how my dad got the money, they said it wasn't necessary. I got the RP.

mahesha_medhani

Post by mahesha_medhani » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:48 am

I hope to move to the Finland with my family (Spouse & son) for my masters degree. I want to know How long does it take to deposit the amount in the bank account when applying for the first resident permit.

Thank You..