Overstay, apply new residence permit

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Yoelitha

Post by Yoelitha » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 am

Hello.

Hello, i had a misunderstood about decision from a Supreme court 2016. I had applied student but got declined. Appealed twice, last from the Supreme court. And I haven't received any letter about deportation.

I went to immigration office when it was declined. But I think the person who was on the counter misunderstood what i was saying. So I had been working part time(pay tax) for 1.5 years without any permit.

Now i have a permanent contract, but I need to show a copy of residence permit or visa to put new application, which I dont have.

I have been asking some lawyers, but they suggest me to go back to my home country, so I wont get any fine or deportation or entry ban status.

But some of my friend say, anyway i will get an entry ban at the immigration service at the airport, because they checked my friends residence permit. But sometimes the immigration service just check the passport of my other friend (without checking the residence permit card or visa).

I hope anyone can advise me or give me information to keep me strong. I know it's my mistakes, and i want to fix this.

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: Overstay, apply new residence permit

Post by wolf80 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Yoelitha wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 am

I have been asking some lawyers, but they suggest me to go back to my home country, so I wont get any fine or deportation or entry ban status.
I would advise you to listen to the lawyers you consulted instead of to strangers on a forum.

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:36 pm

But some of my friend say, anyway i will get an entry ban at the immigration service at the airport, because they checked my friends residence permit. But sometimes the immigration service just check the passport of my other friend (without checking the residence permit card or visa).
If you don't leave, you will get deported and a ban. If you leave by yourself, you might get lucky.

Yoelitha

Post by Yoelitha » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:41 pm

How long would the ban last? Will I get checked at the immigration service. My friend was checked, but my other friend wasn't checked. He said, they wouldn't check his residence permit because he was going back home for a holiday.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Yoelitha wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:41 pm
How long would the ban last? Will I get checked at the immigration service. My friend was checked, but my other friend wasn't checked. He said, they wouldn't check his residence permit because he was going back home for a holiday.
You can read up on the matter here: http://www.emn.fi/files/951/EMN_Return_ ... _final.pdf
"The duration of entry bans is determined in accordance with the proportionality principle. The Finnish Immigration Service’s guidelines on removal from the country (MIGDno/2012/575) include indications on the durations of entry bans in different situations. "

But it does not matter. You are illegally working in the country. The longer you stay and the more complicated you make this, the harsher the reaction from the immigration office. And I really wouldn't mess with them if I were you.

You cannot solve this from within the country. Listen to your lawyers and return to your home country, and apply for a residence permit based on work from there. If you didn't get a ban for overstaying your welcome, you actually might have a chance.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:26 am

If you are non-EU no way you will go out without noticing your overstay. You must be really lucky. Only scanning your passport data will show you are overstaying. Btw, if you fly airline may ask you the permit even at check-in. They don't risk carrying illegal immigrants as the fines are huge. Anyway, listen to your lawyers!

ColdNeedle

Post by ColdNeedle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:50 pm

leave country with hitchhiking or by food. problem solved.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 pm

It does not matter you still shows as overstaying because they have not recorded your exit.