Married to a Finnish Citizen VS Married to a Non-EU in Finland with a RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:17 am

Married to a Fin Citizen // VS // Married to a Non-EU in Finland with a Residence Permit (work, study)

I have noticed that all Residence Permit Application on the basis of Family Ties - Spouse of a non-eu in Finland with a Residence Permit receive a negative decision. I personally have never heard of or seen 1 case that received a positive decision. (if you got a positive decision and you are a spouse of a non-eu in Finland, share your story, it might mean you did it right and heaps of others did it wrong)

The question is: Why is that? If someone is legally residing in Finland, why, then, is it hard for them to unite with their spouse in Finland? What is it that they lack?

Just curious. :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Married to a Finnish Citizen VS Married to a Non-EU in Finland with a RP

Post by tavastia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:56 am

You may check statistics: http://tilastot.migri.fi/#decisions/21205/59/1/133?l=en

In last 12 months 1,734 applications were positive and 393 negative. You csn also see the statistics by country.

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:22 pm

That is just what you have heard about ☺
I was in the language courses for new immigrants, i have met hundreds of people with non-eu spouse: China, Vietnam, Nepal, Palestine, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Rwanda, ...

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:29 am

Tarja2905 wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:22 pm
That is just what you have heard about ☺
I was in the language courses for new immigrants, i have met hundreds of people with non-eu spouse: China, Vietnam, Nepal, Palestine, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Rwanda, ...
I mean, yeah.
There was a small number of negative decision I have read about, on here, and all of them were non-eu spouse.