Any HKKK students out there ?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ssheikh

Post by ssheikh » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:53 pm

Hi all,

I'm starting an MBA at HKKK in Aug and am looking for a family apartment (pref 2h + k and at least 55sqm) in central Helsinki.
I have registered with HOAS but their being crap (so far).

Are their any HKKK (or U of Helsinki for that matter) students out their vacating their apartments in late July / early Aug. I'd especially like to hear from people who are letting through HOAS, and are finishing their tenancy in the next few months.

Willing to pay upto €650 per month.

Anyone wanting to get rid of furniture as well.....need the usual (beds, sofas etc).

Hope you can help

S

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Re: Any HKKK students out there ?

Post by PeterF » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:07 pm

ssheikh wrote:Hi all,

I'm looking for a family apartment (pref 2h + k and at least 55sqm) in central Helsinki.
Willing to pay upto €650 per month.
Think you will need to look out side of central Helsinki...sorry down town is "EXPENSIVE"..but the commutor train service from the suburbs where prices are in this price bracket are very good/fast and not expensive.
100 times better than in UK
Look in the housing section on ths board...
Start here.
http://www...com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2190

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:18 pm

I know a couple who managed to get a place, apparently through the church. It is downtown, but it costs IIRC about 800Euro per month, otherwise it meets your specs. IIRC they finish as you start, perhaos there might be something that can be done.

If you want to pay less then you travel further. Actually, given the cost of public transport, it might actually be a decent deal, all in all, to live where you need no transport card and pay more for the apartment than to live where yo uneed a card and pay less. It might be that my friend's place might be on the cusp in that regard. If you are interested PM me and I will pass it on to him, he may be able to put you in touch with the landlord.