Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Edward35

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by Edward35 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:55 pm

Champs wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:33 pm
Country list has been removed by migri due to involvement of Pakistan Embassy in Stokeholm in order to clarify migri concern. They have apologised about their publication. However they still are internally using those countries applicants in slow processing loop. This is weird by migri.
Good that, they took it off. It was really tarnishing the images of that countries. At the time , you got your second automatic message, what was your queue number? If i may ask pls?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Champs

Post by Champs » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:34 pm

I have only received first automatic message after 6 months and there is no 2nd auto message . I just dont know why they are treating with us like that.

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:59 pm

Esu wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:02 pm
How long have you been waiting if I may ask? Is your country on the list? This is my 19th month of waiting and it’s still at the stage it was when I visited the service point.
Sorry for the late reply, I have only been waiting for about 6 months, so not even a fraction of yours. Mine is just longer than what was in the processing time calculator then. Your case is seriously unacceptable. Have you made a complaint to migri? Has there been any reasons for such a delay??

Esu

Post by Esu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:04 am

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:59 pm
Esu wrote:
How long have you been waiting if I may ask? Is your country on the list? This is my 19th month of waiting and it’s still at the stage it was when I visited the service point.
Sorry for the late reply, I have only been waiting for about 6 months, so not even a fraction of yours. Mine is just longer than what was in the processing time calculator then. Your case is seriously unacceptable. Have you made a complaint to migri? Has there been any reasons for such a delay??
I have called them to the point that I got tired of calling. Their response has always been “odottaa rauhassa” when I asked them why my application is taking so long, their response was that the application of people who came to Finland without a residence permit usually take longer time.

Then I replied them that I have a residence permit before I came here, because I came as a student. Then they change it to “the application of people without an international passport take longer time”

Then I replied that I have a valid international passport. Then they change the excuse to Covid -19. Then I asked why is it that COVID-19 isn’t affecting those who are getting their decisions within 6 months? Then the excuse just continues…………….but the message was very clear to me, it is sheer discrimination, for them to even publicly blacklist some countries says it all.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:55 am

Esu wrote:
You should make a complaint about the processing time here:

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en/web/guest

Champs

Post by Champs » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:40 am

I have already plan to make my complain of ombudsman and surely i will not let them treat like that they are acting very stupid.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:31 pm

Champs wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:40 am
I have already plan to make my complain of ombudsman and surely i will not let them treat like that they are acting very stupid. It really frustrating 😕 to wait for long. At least the maximum should be 6 months.

browndude

Post by browndude » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:25 pm

Champs wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:40 am
I have already plan to make my complain of ombudsman and surely i will not let them treat like that they are acting very stupid.
Could it be that they are doing some deeper investigation into your background (security checks etc..) :o
ImageImage

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:51 am

Last edited by ddddd on Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMUN

Post by SMUN » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:36 am

Esu wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:04 am
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:59 pm
Esu wrote:
I have called them to the point that I got tired of calling. Their response has always been “odottaa rauhassa” when I asked them why my application is taking so long, their response was that the application of people who came to Finland without a residence permit usually take longer time.

Then I replied them that I have a residence permit before I came here, because I came as a student. Then they change it to “the application of people without an international passport take longer time”

Then I replied that I have a valid international passport. Then they change the excuse to Covid -19. Then I asked why is it that COVID-19 isn’t affecting those who are getting their decisions within 6 months? Then the excuse just continues…………….but the message was very clear to me, it is sheer discrimination, for them to even publicly blacklist some countries says it all.
Well, it has been about a year in my case as well. Last time I saw on their website they had a processing time period of 6 to 13 months as per their time calculator. This is excruciatingly slow and a case of outright discrimination in their case processing matters. I have seen people with multiple degrees from Finland as well as permanent residence status yet their applications have been put on hold for over 18 to 20 months. Wonder what sort of background check takes this long or why hasn't it been done before when they were granted permanent status. I believe they just put the application on hold and wait for the applicant to commit something which could give them a justification to give a negative. Be it a traffic rule violation or tax issue or anything else of the sort. I will approach the federal ombudsman and the higher ups in the migri if my application is lingered on for unjust reasons when the time comes and I suggest you to put up a fight as well.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:20 pm

The sad thing about migri also, they don't update citizenship applicants on their customer bulletin as they often did to others.

Ombu199

Post by Ombu199 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:56 am

For those interested in reaching ombudsman, how about if we do it collectively all together? I'm well prepared for it and did my research and read the law. Nothing against migri's workers personally but the process we are going through is unacceptable.
Someone said it here before that most will be scared and don't want to mess up their situation. But the law is on our side remember! And it will keep going and may even go worse unless we do something. Together we can change it :)
I'm keeping it short even though have a lot to say about the stuff I researched and the laws I found. I will be talking to lawyer about it soon even but I would like to see who is interested first! (We can move this ombudsman thing to private chat or another thread if there's enough interest)

Also remember, one person may be able to do something, but more will surely result faster and more powerful complaint in order to see the change we would love to see as future citizens of Finland

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:47 am

Hello

I have been living in Finland for past 7 years. B permit from 2014 - 2018 and A permit from 2018 till now. During B permit I was away for Internship for 3 months. Does someone have any experience in this calculation of residence time ? I would like to know does this 3 months interrupt my B permit and would they count it as period of residence if I apply for citizenship? Right now I have 3 years 8 months B + 3 years 3 months A = 5 Years 2 months residence time. I also have a permanent job and Finns kids which can make mine 4 years as well as strong ties.

Any one who has experience would be helpful.
Last edited by boy30062021 on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Esu

Post by Esu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:54 am

Ombu199 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:56 am
For those interested in reaching ombudsman, how about if we do it collectively all together? I'm well prepared for it and did my research and read the law. Nothing against migri's workers personally but the process we are going through is unacceptable.
Someone said it here before that most will be scared and don't want to mess up their situation. But the law is on our side remember! And it will keep going and may even go worse unless we do something. Together we can change it :)
I'm keeping it short even though have a lot to say about the stuff I researched and the laws I found. I will be talking to lawyer about it soon even but I would like to see who is interested first! (We can move this ombudsman thing to private chat or another thread if there's enough interest)

Also remember, one person may be able to do something, but more will surely result faster and more powerful complaint in order to see the change we would love to see as future citizens of Finland
Nice! I’ve contacted them already, and I’m waiting for their reply. But we can also come together as you suggested.

Champs

Post by Champs » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:17 am

Hello i have also contacted them but i am also ready to share all data with you guys related to my case as well so we take it as one fight.

Here is the response received from migri few days ago:

I’m sorry for all the inconvenience that our long processes have caused. Unfortunately there is backlog in the processing pf citizenship applications. This is due to lack of resources and the number of citizenship initiations is larger than excepted. We are developing our processes all the time in order to speed up our processes.

Every case is individual one and the amount of needed clarification varies. Also the previous decisions may have influence. Our decisions are based on an overall consideration. At the processing of an application there is no bad queues. We are processing every queues, but the backlog in all of them is large at the moment.

We have corrected new processing times to our website and processing time checker. As it is said on the processing time checker, the given processing time is an estimate. You can check the new estimate there. At the moment there is not such a reason that we could speed up the processing of your application. I ask you to be patient. We will contact you when the processing starts. The message you got today is a common request to get an update information if for example your situation has changed.

I also like to refer to your administrative complaint you made 1.6.2021 and answer you got 29.6.2021.

Anna Lindström

Head of Citizenship Branch

Permit and Citizenship Unit

Finnish Immigration Service

PL 10, 00086 MAAHANMUUTTOVIRASTO

fax 0295 411 720