FRUITS IN FINLAND

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: FRUITS IN FINLAND

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:09 am

Ejsfin wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:08 am
Thank you kindly,

Please advise if you would suggest searching for berries at the end of September with three small children or are we going to searching for a significant time-since the exact location seems to be a secret?

Also, when I arrive at the Nuuksio park, is there somewhere specific to park that would be close to where Berry picking is likely to be found?

Thank you!
I don't have a specific location in mind, nowadays I do my berry picking at the frozen foods section (I went berry picking with my parents when I was a kid, multiple trips each year, bilberry, lingonberry, cranberry, cloudberry,... you name it). Whether you'll find berries quickly or not, is anyone's guess. Anywhere close to parking areas in Nuuksio has probably been picked already as people going even further away will have walked through there.

There's some variation where berries grow each year, even if this year you found a spot, next near if might not have much (even without anyone else having been there). Rest assured, if you find a good spot, don't pick yourself and tell others about it, chances are someone will go and pick it clean.

With small children, it may make sense to consider it a walking trip to the forest (with a packed lunch), and should you come across berries (and/or mushrooms, if you like those) to pick, that's a bonus.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ejsfin

Post by Ejsfin » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:24 am

Thank you!!!