[HELP] Visa Application for Spouse

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
hasan4074

Post by hasan4074 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:07 pm

Hello,
My wife has applied for Finnish family residence permit I have applied for a study visa, we applied together in India VFS center. I have received my decision and due to the delay of my spouse, I came to Finland this January. Today, my wife has received a message in her EnterFinland where the officer instructed her to contact Indian Embassy of Finland for a hearing appointment. We are from Bangladesh so this process is a little unknown for us. My wife now has to get an Indian visa and go to New Delhi for the hearing.

Can you suggest what might be the reason of this hearing? To be noted, I have contacted migri in my city in Finland and they said that a document of another person got mixed up with ours by mistake of the embassy and they are trying to solve this. Then again, as my wife has to travel to India alone, it will be a little problematic for her.

Thank you for your support & considerarion.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: [HELP] Visa Application for Spouse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:50 pm

hasan4074 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:07 pm
Hello,
My wife has applied for Finnish family residence permit I have applied for a study visa, we applied together in India VFS center. I have received my decision and due to the delay of my spouse, I came to Finland this January. Today, my wife has received a message in her EnterFinland where the officer instructed her to contact Indian Embassy of Finland for a hearing appointment. We are from Bangladesh so this process is a little unknown for us. My wife now has to get an Indian visa and go to New Delhi for the hearing.

Can you suggest what might be the reason of this hearing? To be noted, I have contacted migri in my city in Finland and they said that a document of another person got mixed up with ours by mistake of the embassy and they are trying to solve this. Then again, as my wife has to travel to India alone, it will be a little problematic for her.

They are allowed to do the interviews remotely: ”Kuulemisen suorittaa Maahanmuuttovirasto, ulkoasiainhallinnon virkamies tai Suomen edustustoon työsuhteessa oleva edustuston päällikön määräämä henkilö, jolla on tehtävän edellyttämät taidot. Kuuleminen voidaan suorittaa etäyhteyttä käyttäen.”

I would make a request to do so as getting to the embassy is hard.
https://finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2004/20040301#L4P64

hasan4074

Re: [HELP] Visa Application for Spouse

Post by hasan4074 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:20 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:50 pm
hasan4074 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:07 pm
Hello,

They are allowed to do the interviews remotely: ”Kuulemisen suorittaa Maahanmuuttovirasto, ulkoasiainhallinnon virkamies tai Suomen edustustoon työsuhteessa oleva edustuston päällikön määräämä henkilö, jolla on tehtävän edellyttämät taidot. Kuuleminen voidaan suorittaa etäyhteyttä käyttäen.”

I would make a request to do so as getting to the embassy is hard.
https://finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2004/20040301#L4P64
Thank you for your valuable suggestion good sir. I will definitely look for it and request the officer about the possibility, it will be really convenient for us.