permanent resident situation

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mojo88

Post by mojo88 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:47 am

So lets say a resident of Finland has a permanent resident permit and is struggling to find a job IN Finland decides to travel outside of Finland borders to look for jobs in other countries..

How long can he stay outside the borders before he will lose his permanent resident status AND rights to social security..

e.g lets say he cant even find a job outside Finland and is forced to come back here instead of living on the street outside Finland borders because he was desperate to find work BUT FAILED and is now living on skidrow without a dime.. :?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: permanent resident situation

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:34 am

mojo88 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:47 am
So lets say a resident of Finland has a permanent resident permit and is struggling to find a job IN Finland decides to travel outside of Finland borders to look for jobs in other countries..

How long can he stay outside the borders before he will lose his permanent resident status AND rights to social security..

e.g lets say he cant even find a job outside Finland and is forced to come back here instead of living on the street outside Finland borders because he was desperate to find work BUT FAILED and is now living on skidrow without a dime.. :?
https://www.kela.fi/right-to-social-sec ... ile-abroad

https://migri.fi/en/cancellation-of-a-permit

browndude

Re: permanent resident situation

Post by browndude » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:45 pm

After two years abroad, your P-permit will no longer be valid in most cases. You can apply to MIGRI for an extension of the P-permit prior to it expiring. I don't know how they decide whether they grant the extension or not.
ImageImage